Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Adjusting to slower USPS mail delivery

While it is true the Russians like to sow discord, they are on record (Putin, who controls Russia with an iron fist) as preferring Trump. They certainly worked hard enough on his behalf last time. And the FBI says they're doing it again. https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/17/polit...nce/index.html

Postal employees, as was pointed out, have been extensively documenting the disastrous DeJoy directives.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    If you have an opportunity, try and talk to your delivery person. They may give you a different perspective, if they have a second to talk.
    I actually do have a friendly relationship with the various postal people who deliver mail here. I find them pleasant. Although they’re not Mr. White who delivered mail to my house for more than 30 years. This modern group changes all the time. We have a different delivery person every time I turn around and all of them wear earphones and are talking when I see them on the street. In order to talk with them
    I might interrupt their important personal conversations.

But that said,
    I expect they sincerely wouldn’t mind me doing that.

When the wildfire smoke was so bad here awhile back, I put a bottle of water and a thank you note in the mailbox which is a community box out at the end of our street. She actually drove up to the house and knocked on the door to thank us back. I couldn't believe how difficult it must have been to deliver mail in an open truck breathing that horrible air. Now they are picking up double routes and some of us are getting mail at 10pm.

A recent package from Australia took 2 months to arrive. When it did appear I found out why - U.S. customs had ripped it open and examined it for some reason. They didn't damage anything, but I've never had that happen to me before.

Yppej
    My city has set up a box outside city hall for payments I will start using for water, sewer, property taxes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    My city has set up a box outside city hall for payments I will start using for water, sewer, property taxes etc.
    I've always done this as one of my teeny, tiny frugals - I save on stamps! It is only a five minute walk from my house.

I just paid my property tax on line. Hope it gets there.

I pay online also.

That's right - I was using the drop box but now I'm doing it online like all my other bills. I do still go to town hall to drop off census forms and ballots.

I discovered another of the payments I mailed on Oct 1 vanished in the mail. This was a car insurance premium payment. I called the agency about it. They said I was still in "grace period", and they suggested I come in and write a check for the premium. This I did, and I received 2 beautiful and unexpected drinking-in-the-car cups. So I am paid up on my car insurance now. The agent said, worst case scenario would be if the lost check was eventually delivered to the head office. She said if that happens, I will receive a check from the head office. <In the mail, of course! Ha, ha, ha!>

Thread Information