Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I think there’s a good chance you’ll see your wish granted in the next couple of years. Good and hard.
    You’re always so optimistic. I wish I had such a sunny disposition.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I think a brief observation of how Americans behave when faced with simple self-regulating behaviours that would greatly reduce the impact of a pandemic would put the kabosh on Libertarianism.
    The observations I make daily in my urban core prove outside regulations are ignored. I am not saying a majority Of the population ignores masking and gathering laws. But I am saying significant numbers of citizens do, that is obvious to anyone who is paying attention.

So even with Laws the populace doesn’t behave.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    You’re always so optimistic. I wish I had such a sunny disposition.
    It comes from a clean conscience, gratitude and gross insensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Sharing our toys is what makes the difference between a society that functions for all its members and an oligarchy.
    But is it really sharing if someone forces you to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    The Lincoln/Douglas election of 1860 produced quite a bit more drama.
    Seriously? Shows that trump needs to be gone. We have to go way back to 1860 to show worse.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I think there’s a good chance you’ll see your wish granted in the next couple of years. Good and hard.
    Thanks to the trump administration. All the deregulations of the environment and Paris Climate agreement abandonment. Even laws protecting our drinking water have been eliminated. So, yeah, you can thank the current administration for the destruction that is currently going on. Instead of trying to fix what is happening, the trump deregulation is causing more calamities to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Thanks to the trump administration. All the deregulations of the environment and Paris Climate agreement abandonment.
    How are we doing with the goals of the Paris agreement as opposed to the remaining signatories?

Instead of trying to fix what is happening, the trump deregulation is causing more calamities to occur.
    Like what?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Seriously? Shows that trump needs to be gone. We have to go way back to 1860 to show worse.
    It was pretty contentious, tho.

I remember standing in front of the Lincoln Museum’s display of those days of Douglas-Lincoln debates, and yes, the words flung around were pretty bad!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    It was pretty contentious, tho.

I remember standing in front of the Lincoln Museum’s display of those days of Douglas-Lincoln debates, and yes, the words flung around were pretty bad!
    And the resultant war just a few months after the election may be the ultimate example of political drama.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I remember 1968 as pretty dramatic in terms of both the rhetoric and the violence. I would say probably more so than today’s more theatrical hysterics. They had more Molotov cocktails and fewer costumes than today.

Thread Information