Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Gosh, getting an answer from you is difficult, but I'll play.

As a nation of states comprising a Federal Republic, virtually all US States and many localities have taken it upon themselves to fulfill the 2016 Paris agreement pledge of reducing greenhouse emissions by 26% to 28% of 2005 levels by 2025. In the 4 years since the agreement the US has achieved nearly 40% of that goal without the force of a central government mandate and there is reason to believe nearly 100% compliance by the 2025 deadline. Most other signatories to the agreement aren't doing as well.

Your turn.
    Is there any source of data comparing the progress each country has made in reducing greenhouse gases?

And in a similar vein, is there a source of data comparing each NATO member’s compliance with its commitment to spend 2% of GDP on its defense?

I would be interested in getting some idea of the words/deeds ratio for each.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Is there any source of data comparing the progress each country has made in reducing greenhouse gases?

And in a similar vein, is there a source of data comparing each NATO member’s compliance with its commitment to spend 2% of GDP on its defense?

I would be interested in getting some idea of the words/deeds ratio for each.
    I haven't seen any data for other countries other than a reference on the Voice Of America website indicating that approximately half of the other countries are having trouble meeting their goals on greenhouse gas reduction. I can't recall seeing anything on defense spending by other countries although I have a vague recollection of hearing practically no one is meeting that goal.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Gosh, getting an answer from you is difficult, but I'll play.

As a nation of states comprising a Federal Republic, virtually all US States and many localities have taken it upon themselves to fulfill the 2016 Paris agreement pledge of reducing greenhouse emissions by 26% to 28% of 2005 levels by 2025. In the 4 years since the agreement the US has achieved nearly 40% of that goal without the force of a central government mandate and there is reason to believe nearly 100% compliance by the 2025 deadline. Most other signatories to the agreement aren't doing as well.

Your turn.

Many states thought the Paris Agreement was a good idea so....
    Following Trump's announcement, the governors of several U.S. states formed the United States Climate Alliance to continue to advance the objectives of the Paris Agreement at the state level despite the federal withdrawal. As of July 1, 2019, 24 states and Puerto Rico have joined the alliance,[10] and similar commitments have also been expressed by other state governors, mayors, and businesses.[5]

Trump's withdrawal from the Paris agreement will impact other countries by reducing its financial aid to the Green Climate fund.[11] The termination of the $3 billion U.S funding will ultimately impact climate change research and decrease society's chance of reaching the Paris Agreement goals, as well as omit U.S contributions to the future IPCC reports.[12][13] Trumps decision will also affect the carbon emission space as well as the carbon price.[14] The U.S's withdrawal will also mean that the spot to take over the global climate regime will be obtainable for China and the EU

I really have no desire to spend lots of time looking more up on this. If you would like to.... go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Many states thought the Paris Agreement was a good idea so....
    Following Trump's announcement, the governors of several U.S. states formed the United States Climate Alliance to continue to advance the objectives of the Paris Agreement at the state level despite the federal withdrawal. As of July 1, 2019, 24 states and Puerto Rico have joined the alliance,[10] and similar commitments have also been expressed by other state governors, mayors, and businesses.[5]

Trump's withdrawal from the Paris agreement will impact other countries by reducing its financial aid to the Green Climate fund.[11] The termination of the $3 billion U.S funding will ultimately impact climate change research and decrease society's chance of reaching the Paris Agreement goals, as well as omit U.S contributions to the future IPCC reports.[12][13] Trumps decision will also affect the carbon emission space as well as the carbon price.[14] The U.S's withdrawal will also mean that the spot to take over the global climate regime will be obtainable for China and the EU

I really have no desire to spend lots of time looking more up on this. If you would like to.... go ahead.
    No thanks, with only a little effort you validated my initial response, although I'm still curious about the "How do you figure" reply.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Those same states were probably in constant lawsuits with the Trump admin to keep their environmental regulation, CA has been. Noone faults such states for when they aim for better environmental policy that Trump, glad they keep at it in court, just would be nice not to have to all the time.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information