Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictions

Sharing our toys is what makes the difference between a society that functions for all its members and an oligarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I don't know that drama will ever cease, it's become too ingrained in our national zeitgeist. I think the best we can do is re-focus that drama in a direction that's less hateful to those we disagree with.
    There was NEVER such drama as with the current administration! I only hope that once he is gone, life will get back to a semblance of normal.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I think there’s a good chance you’ll see your wish granted in the next couple of years. Good and hard.
    Good. Then there may then still be a world to live in.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Like the self-righteous who tell women what to do with their bodies, or the ones who say that certain people who love each other shouldn't be allowed to get married, or the ones that declare that their religion is "more American" than others?
    Or think it is ok to destroy our drinking water, kill our honey bees.... there may no longer be vegetables to reap if this keeps up.

there may no longer be vegetables to reap if this keeps up
    Not to worry, there's always Soylent Green. . .

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    I think capitalism has done enough raping and pillaging, at least of the environment, so I'm all for having it gelded.
    When ever I think of a Libertarian government I think of Rachel Carson's America before Nixon's EPA. I then stop at any notion of self-regulation and personal responsibility with in our capitalistic society.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    When ever I think of a Libertarian government I think of Rachel Carson's America before Nixon's EPA. I then stop at any notion of self-regulation and personal responsibility with in our capitalistic society.
    I think a brief observation of how Americans behave when faced with simple self-regulating behaviours that would greatly reduce the impact of a pandemic would put the kabosh on Libertarianism.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I think a brief observation of how Americans behave when faced with simple self-regulating behaviours that would greatly reduce the impact of a pandemic would put the kabosh on Libertarianism.
    Isn't that the truth? If I ever had any faith in the general public's capacity for thoughtful action or even common sense, it's been dashed by recent events.
    I lean libertarian on quite a few issues, but mask wearing isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    The agency I worked for tried doing letting businesses do self regulation. It was a bust and did not work. I went in to verify and NOPE.... not a chance. Kind of like now when businesses got all kinds of tax breaks. It does not trickle down.... greed.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    There was NEVER such drama as with the current administration! I only hope that once he is gone, life will get back to a semblance of normal.
    The Lincoln/Douglas election of 1860 produced quite a bit more drama.

Thread Information