Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictions

Predictions

The polls, and more importantly the bookmakers, seem to be indicating a very favorable election cycle for the Democrats. So some friends and I came up with some predictions.

Donald Trump will refuse to leave the White House, citing the CDC ban on evictions.

Shocked at the magnitude of his victory, Biden will suffer a severe cardiac event. Neil Kinnock’s life will flash before his eyes. He will recover and deliver Lincoln’s Second Inaugural Address, in an “honest mistake”.

Senate Democrats will demand Justice Barrett recuse herself from all cases involving vertebrates. Failing that, they will propose legislation increasing the size of the Court to an “Infinity Plus One” standard.

Vice President Harris will commence Amendment 25 proceedings, citing the first presidential debate.

President Harris will sign Medicare for All into law, with an exception clause barring Democratic Committee Chairs displaying unseemly degrees of civility toward their opposition.

The Senate will bring back the filibuster, including a “double secret probation provision”.

Biden by 4 points is my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Biden by 4 points is my prediction.
    4 points is not going to do it. Donald will whip up some kind of a coup and his base will start an "Occupy The White House" movement.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    4 points is not going to do it. Donald will whip up some kind of a coup and his base will start an "Occupy The White House" movement.
    Then they will have a very bad time.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Then they will have a very bad time.
    Yeah. Theyd be rousted out pretty quickly. This isnt Seattle, after all.

All I wish is for donald to be gone.... drama to cease... and life to have some semblance of order. They can drag him out feet first for all I care.

You can have the first but probably not the second wish.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    All I wish is for donald to be gone.... drama to cease... and life to have some semblance of order. They can drag him out feet first for all I care.
    I will literally dance in my driveway.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

If I were a betting person I might go 3 to 1 odds Biden over Trump and even odds for the Senate to go either way. I have a suspicion that Trump is mentally unable to accept being a looser if he goes down, and will concoct some sort of conspiracy or rabbit out of the hat legal issue that might end up in courts. Maybe some sort of significant civil unrest either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    If I were a betting person I might go 3 to 1 odds Biden over Trump and even odds for the Senate to go either way. I have a suspicion that Trump is mentally unable to accept being a looser if he goes down, and will concoct some sort of conspiracy or rabbit out of the hat legal issue that might end up in courts. Maybe some sort of significant civil unrest either way.
    He's been laying the groundwork for that for the last several months - all the stories about voter fraud, etc. He'll be able to say, "see, I told you so."
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information