Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What is the one spiritual quality that you value most?

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I think kindness, like real lovingkindness the way the Buddhists describe is absolutely an important virtue. Kindness is an attitude of compassion and sympathy, and then taking action on it. Like you see someone is sick, you send them a card. That's being kind. It's not insincere flattery. =
    +1
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    On cmon, this is easy. You find something nice to say about the baby that expressed your sincerity. Ooooo, freshly made baby, nice! Or I see he is a nice weight, or a more honest His hair is funny! Babies make me laugh!

It isnt hard.
    I usually compliment their smile, their clothing, their sparkling eyes--much as I imagine you do, in such circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Exactly! I think all babies look like boiled monkeys; so I often comment on their smiles, "Looks like such a happy baby!" FB makes it easy because I can click the like button and be done with it. Parents or grandparents are welcome to think I like their baby, but I'm really just glad their boiled monkey is making them happy.
    Hilarious take!

Hence, why the saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is so valid.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Hence, why the saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is so valid.
    I remember when my first son was born--of course, the whole family was so proud and happy!! I marched everyone out to the viewing window of the nursery where other parents and families were ooh-ing and ah-ing. One of the guys admiring his own baby pointed at my son and said "Look at THAT funny-looking baby!" He didn't know I was standing right behind him.

My roommate had a Caesarian section and her baby looked like a little porcelain doll. My son was large and I was small and he had 17 hours of fighting his way down the birth canal and wound up looking like a boiled monkey or at least like he had 9 rounds on the boxing mat!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

It seems to me that the main principle that Jesus Christ said in life is: "So, in everything you do to people as you want them to do to you".

Quote Originally Posted by JakeSilva231 View Post
    It seems to me that the main principle that Jesus Christ said in life is: "So, in everything you do to people as you want them to do to you".
    But so many people need to be schmoozed. They consider that kind. I hate being schmoozed. Dont schmooze me!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    But so many people need to be schmoozed. They consider that kind. I hate being schmoozed. Dont schmooze me!
    So, basically, you'd like them to greet you politely and move on (unless they had something riveting to say.) Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    So, basically, you'd like them to greet you politely and move on (unless they had something riveting to say.) Good call.
    Yes, or just get on with the info you want to deliver. Dont give a long preamble. Don’t thank me for all my past work. Dont tippy toe around shit. Just give me the damn information.

And speaking of thanks for work, I’m getting tired of the “ thanks for all you do” tacked on to every message from every volunteer organization I belong to. Just stop it people! It’s not that it’s insincere although it is ha ha Ha. Well it is sincere but it’s also repetitive. It stops being meaningful when it shows up everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeSilva231 View Post
    The problem here is that the things we would want done to us are not always the things that other people would want done to them. Its better to do to others as they want things to be done to them - because we all have different preferences.

Thread Information