Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When Trump falls....

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Clearly the trend of puerile vulgarity in politics will continue.
    You didn't seriously think it would cease, did you? I pegged you for smarter than that. Vulgarity is alive and well in politics, religion, money, these forums and - unfortunately - too many other aspects of life. lol

Edited to add smilie face, as I'm teasing!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

If so, because the orange idiot got away with it. Too bad he was ever born.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    If so, because the orange idiot got away with it. Too bad he was ever born.
    Bazinga!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

True. Because the republicans have learned that acting like a-holes is an effective strategy to use when one doesn’t actually have policy objectives that are popular with a majority of voters.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    True. Because the republicans have learned that acting like a-holes is an effective strategy to use when one doesn’t actually have policy objectives that are popular with a majority of voters.
    I have to admire the discipline it must take to suppress one’s level of self-awareness so comprehensively as to take the stance that “we are just too good and civil and decent for this dirty business of politics”. It must be exhausting.

"Puerile vulgarity" sums Trump up. he's so far off political plumb though, that I doubt his ilk will reappear except among minor characters. I certainly hope we've seen the last of his kind.

I have to admire the discipline it must take to suppress one’s level of self-awareness so comprehensively as to take the stance that “we are just too good and civil and decent for this dirty business of politics”. It must be exhausting.
    Last night's news had Republican senator Ron Johnson asking people to come forward and tell him how the ballots and election in Wisconsin was done illegally ("irregularities related to mail-in and asbentee ballots"--- per Johnson in today's paper). You talk about a "witch hunt!" Even Scott Walker previously said don't bother with Wisconsin... the elections here are done properly and nothing of note will be found. The current Republican regime is beyond belief. And, like JaneV2.0, I hope this is the last we see of their kind.

Everything I've seen indicates this was among the smoothest election processes in the history of the country--mostly due to the ability for citizens to vote early and by mail, and the huge upswell in poll-workers. There haven't been any credible instances of voter fraud either (but there never were).

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    There haven't been any credible instances of voter fraud either (but there never were).
    There are always credible instances of voter fraud, it's just that they're never significant enough to impact a national election. Locally though.....
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    There are always credible instances of voter fraud, it's just that they're never significant enough to impact a national election. Locally though.....
    Yeah--there was that one incident of the Republican woman who seemed to be trying to vote for her dead mother, although that might be explained as a "mixup." The incidence of voter fraud that I last saw was something like .0007%--not sure if that's Washington or nationwide. But it's clearly not the problem voter suppression is.

Thread Information