Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: When Trump falls....

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Yeah--there was that one incident of the Republican woman who seemed to be trying to vote for her dead mother, although that might be explained as a "mixup." The incidence of voter fraud that I last saw was something like .0007%--not sure if that's Washington or nationwide. But it's clearly not the problem voter suppression is.
    Most claims of voter suppression stem from attempts to stop the voter fraud, especially that voter fraud that may have an impact on local or state elections. Maybe someday we should have an unbiased discussion of suppression and fraud, it may be enlightening.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Most claims of voter suppression stem from attempts to stop the voter fraud, especially that voter fraud that may have an impact on local or state elections. Maybe someday we should have an unbiased discussion of suppression and fraud, it may be enlightening.
    I couldn't disagree more. First, there's little or no fraud, and second--funny how much of the suppression consists of making voting nearly impossible for voters of color, with limited polling places and draconian rules (see Native American reservations). Republicans have admitted as much:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GBAsFwPglw

What happened with the Russians in all this? They donít seem to have put in much of an effort after all the build- up.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    What happened with the Russians in all this? They don’t seem to have put in much of an effort after all the build- up.
    I wonder that too; some commentator remarked there was no evidence of effective hacking. Maybe we were ready for them this time.

I wonder that too; some commentator remarked there was no evidence of effective hacking. Maybe we were ready for them this time.
    Did they hack effectively last election cycle? I seem to recall their election interference was mostly limited to posting things on social media and such, but not direct interference with voting machines/counting.

What happened with the Russians in all this? They don’t seem to have put in much of an effort after all the build- up.
    I was never sure what side they were on anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I was never sure what side they were on anyway.
    Their own side.

Or maybe a certain political party didnít need them to explain a humiliating loss this time around.

Or maybe a certain political party didn’t need them to explain a humiliating loss this time around.
    Or maybe a certain political party didn't get the help for another not-by-majority-vote win this time around.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Russia's aim is mostly to sow chaos; they've switched mostly to boostlng QAnon, disseminating disinformation, and deploying trolls on social media. I'm guessing Putin doesn't see much benefit in propping up Trump lately.

Thread Information