Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When Trump falls....

I agree. There is probably a right and a wrong to things, but as a personal issue, the sooner Trump is out of sight in politics and the media the better. His mere presence seems to invite conflict and I suspect he'll be demanding attention. He has some ongoing financial legal problems that need to be resolved in the courts and should be handled as though he were any other citizen. He has inflicted some damage to the integrity of the presidency and the country, but punishment or retribution is just going to make things get uglier.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I agree. There is probably a right and a wrong to things, but as a personal issue, the sooner Trump is out of sight in politics and the media the better. His mere presence seems to invite conflict and I suspect he'll be demanding attention. He has some ongoing financial legal problems that need to be resolved in the courts and should be handled as though he were any other citizen. He has inflicted some damage to the integrity of the presidency and the country, but punishment or retribution is just going to make things get uglier.
    I don't see how punishment actually makes things uglier. It may or may not be the best use of time and resources, but the true believers in the Trump cult will never forgive Biden for merely winning and becoming president and defeating Trump (oh and they'll never forgive Kamala Harris for being a minority woman Democrat and being on the ticket). The Biden administration doesn't need to do more for things to be ugly, that's the unforgivable sin itself.

It was for Obama, that and being black, Obama looked "forward and not back", did it stop the birtherism etc.? And Trump pushed into politics on that very birtherism. Trump makes everything worse of course, but still ultimately we're talking Trump capitalizing on stuff that proceeds Trump by DECADES and in fact helped to lead to Trump (maybe just some weariness of the status quo among the electorate in general did too, but I don't regard people who swing back and forth in parties at every election or just don't vote or something as being any real Trump base - so yea low turnout among those who may vote Dem didn't help Clinton but that's not the people who will never forgive Biden merely for winning - it's the actual Trump base that won't).

Trump afterall reminds everyone we're still fighting the civil war, or at least the civil rights movement.
    Trees don't grow on money

he and his minions should be deported...…….no further attention or energy wasted on them. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    The Trump media mania reminds me of the old song "That's Entertainment!"
    This is a few months old but ..... still holds true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TogbPPyQQM

I might have said, just let him slink off into a dark corner, but I've changed my mind after the last few days of endless lawsuits, firing top people in Defense Dept and the Pentagon to install his own syncophants (why? what is he planning?), working with Barr to encourage investigation into non-existent fraud, obstructing a peaceful transition of power, and destroying many Americans' faith in the integrity and reliability of our own electoral system.

I get the feeling Trump’s enemies will miss him more than his allies.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    No. Actually we’ll be glad all the shitbags are gone. They are doing their best to blow up the ****ing country but we’re cautiously optimistic that their incompetence will render their efforts futile. But that’s not a certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Your dry comment made me think this thought. " Do you miss a throbbing toothache when it is over or simple relief and carry on with the rest of your life?"

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Your dry comment made me think this thought. " Do you miss a throbbing toothache when it is over or simple relief and carry on with the rest of your life?"
    I think they will fill the Trump-sized hole with new monsters. There seems to be a sense that they need the throbbing for a certain narrative to remain viable.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    No. Actually we’ll be glad all the shitbags are gone. They are doing their best to blow up the ****ing country but we’re cautiously optimistic that their incompetence will render their efforts futile. But that’s not a certainty.
    Clearly the trend of puerile vulgarity in politics will continue.

Thread Information