Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When Trump falls....

When Trump falls....

So, in the case that Trump loses this election, what next?

Should he be relentlessly prosecuted for his crimes? If so, which ones?

Should his minions also be lined up and made to answer for their actions?

Should we set up a Commission for Truth and Reconciliation?

Should we focus instead on marching forward into a bold and hopefully less-pandemic future?

What should we all do?

Yes him and anyone else in the government should all be prosecuted. I will leave it to the lawyers as to decide which are actual crimes. Plus don’t forget his kids)

If I were queen of the world, I would push the next to last option. Vote out the waxy old senators and congress people when we can and move forward with all sorts of new ideas. Wasting time on punishment is just more of the same going in circles and getting nowhere. As I often think, those of us of a certain age shouldn't be dictating how the next generations want to shape their world. We had our chance.

As an outsider, I would be more concerned about the credibility of the US honouring international agreements. If he is prosecuted to show the world that his erratic behaviour and that of his political supporters who enabled his decisions/behaviour, perhaps the US's image might be less tarnished.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Not prosecuting the W administration for it's crimes had consequences though.

I'm not sure what age has to do with it, that new Supreme Court justice has many years to live and you could find people that would agree with her in their 20s and 30s if you looked hard enough and the ultimate truth is regardless of age you can ALWAYS find plenty who can BE BOUGHT for a price, see you don't really need true believers, just opportunists and their are plenty in any generation. They might not represent a majority of anyone but.
    Trees don't grow on money

Given the exuberant promises they have made, will the Democrats be able to carve out the time for a show trial?

I believe it's going to be difficult, if Biden wins, to NOT pursue some of the criminal behaviors of the current liar-in-chief. I don't believe we should allow reprehensible behaviors to go unchallenged or unpunished, and I think it must be made clear to racists, misogynists, and homophobic citizens that the rule of law applies to them also, that rights aren't just for white men, and that our constitution and laws are not for their benefit alone. They have the right to believe what they wish, but they do not have the right to apply their beliefs in ways that harm others. Honestly, many of the people who have crawled out from under rocks during the Trump administration believe that the left is too wishy-washy to make them behave, and they do have some evidence (Cliven Bundy, etc). I'm for reconciliation and healing, but not appeasement.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Given the exuberant promises they have made, will the Democrats be able to carve out the time for a show trial?
    I think if the Democrats take both houses of Congress we'll have years of political show trials, possibly to the exclusion of any other business. I think it will be much calmer in the professional judiciary outside of a few local prosecutors seeking re-election attention, they're not generally allowed to prosecute hard feelings.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I don’t know what I want to happens except that I’d like to see Donald go away. Given the media’s love affair with him, I am not sure they will be able to quit him. So any criminal actions against Trump and Trumpsters will be in the news at a higher level than For other actors.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    So any criminal actions against Trump and Trumpster will be in the news at a higher level than For other actors.
    The Trump media mania reminds me of the old song "That's Entertainment!"
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information