Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Surgery complications

Nice! I love it when a plan comes together...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Hey Greg, I haven't been here in awhile, but wanted to say how happy I am for your daughter! Also, did they ever say what actually happened to her? Diagnosis?
    I hope she continues to get stronger every day.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Hey Greg, I haven't been here in awhile, but wanted to say how happy I am for your daughter! Also, did they ever say what actually happened to her? Diagnosis?
    I hope she continues to get stronger every day.
    She has been home from the teaching hospital for over 10 days and is like a totally different person. Still on the feeding bag for 18 hours a day, but is starting to eat solids, hasn't thrown up since her discharge. Is even going into work for a few hours tomorrow! Huge blessing. Our prayers have been answered! Her official diagnosis from the teaching hospital is that she was being treated because of the injury to the duodenum (during gall bladder surgery). Basically it was swelled up so much it would not allow anything to pass out of the stomach into the small intestine, so she would just throw everything up. There are no "routine" surgeries!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg44 View Post
    She has been home from the teaching hospital for over 10 days and is like a totally different person. Still on the feeding bag for 18 hours a day, but is starting to eat solids, hasn't thrown up since her discharge. Is even going into work for a few hours tomorrow! Huge blessing. Our prayers have been answered! Her official diagnosis from the teaching hospital is that she was being treated because of the injury to the duodenum (during gall bladder surgery). Basically it was swelled up so much it would not allow anything to pass out of the stomach into the small intestine, so she would just throw everything up. There are no "routine" surgeries!
    Hmmm.....I would wonder why this happened. Sounds pretty unusual during GB surgery. Not to jump on law suits, but dang.......she went through so much.

Thread Information