Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: And they don't need to be significantly reformed/ defunded?

I work for a church. A mid-size one in a mi-size town---across the river from PDX. The church has a reader board sign, usually with some typical church saying or event promotion. This summer #BLM was added to the bottom line of something about loving one another.

The sign was tagged shortly thereafter. Then --during a parking lot service (no in-church service allowed during COVID) ---I repeat DURING a service--- a pickup truck with large flags flying on both sides came through the parking lot and circled and exited.

Now would you call that intimidation? From what I've heard from lots of the little old ladies in attendance, it was.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Just because they have been "going on" doesn't mean they are legal or proper or safe or not a form of intimidation. The continuation of specific actions does not legitimize (or make illegal, on the other hand) those actions.
    I guess that's the difference between us, I don't see a Trump banner and an American flag on a truck to be any more intimidating than a Biden sign in a neighbor's yard or a bumper sticker on their car.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Look at the video above....
    I did. In one of them I saw an unmarked small car leave their lane of travel to hit a truck with a Trump banner and in both videos I observed lots of trucks in close proximity to the campaign bus. The only traffic violation I observed was the one mentioned. It's interesting to me that so many of these stories contain commentary that their own video does not support.

Maybe there's another video out there somewhere showing attempts to run the campaign bus off the road but as mentioned earlier, I haven't seen them.

It also concerns me to hear so many of you call for the arrest of people for doing something someone claimed, without proof. Those are the really scary folks.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

frugal-one, don't you understand? The people on the bus calling 911 was just a nefarious evil plot by democrats to make trump supporters look more awful than they already are. But seriously, the reality is that no matter what they do the trump apologists will never believe that trump or his supporters ever do bad things.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I guess that's the difference between us, I don't see a Trump banner and an American flag on a truck to be any more intimidating than a Biden sign in a neighbor's yard or a bumper sticker on their car.
    JUST a trump banner and an American flag on a truck nor a Biden sign in a yard or on a bumper sticker on a car are intimidating. It's the actions - verbal, physical, etc. of the people flaunting any of the above that are intimidating. Hate is hate - regardless of the banner, flag, bumper sticker, etc. being displayed. Intent and motivation go a long way - in thoughts, speech and actions. I think the difference between us is more that I really am saddened by the hate, while I honestly don't see any indication that such hate seems to bother you.

Knew I shouldn't pop back into the politics thread - my bad. I think I need to stay away from here for the upcoming week. Bye.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    frugal-one, don't you understand? The people on the bus calling 911 was just a nefarious evil plot by democrats to make trump supporters look more awful than they already are.
    Didn't you guys come up with a term for those who call 911 for every perceived slight, maybe this was a 'Karen' moment?

But seriously, the reality is that no matter what they do the trump apologists will never believe that trump or his supporters ever do bad things.

Also seriously, I'm not a Trump apologist, I just prefer facts over propaganda, and damn near everything I read these days is propaganda. I can't wait for this election to be over.

To me, the decorated pickup trucks waving flags and huge Trump signs are evidence of the "well-regulated militia" the Founding Fathers must have imagined. Am I right? God help us.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Didn't you guys come up with a term for those who call 911 for every perceived slight, maybe this was a 'Karen' moment?

Also seriously, I'm not a Trump apologist, I just prefer facts over propaganda, and damn near everything I read these days is propaganda. I can't wait for this election to be over.[/COLOR]
    That is, in fact, what a trump apologist thinks. Everything that is bad about trump or his supporters has to be fake news or propaganda. That is exactly what Hitler did to get the masses to fall in line with him.

I agree with you in that I can't wait for the elections to be over. I also hope there is no violence and no more ridiculous allegations of voter fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    That is, in fact, what a trump apologist thinks. Everything that is bad about trump or his supporters has to be fake news or propaganda.
    Consider my experiences here today. In two different threads Biden supporters have posted links to stories (including video) where the proffered supporting evidence does not match the accusations made. Questioning those accusations doesn't make a person a Trump apologist, it's simply someone questioning the validity of the anti-Trump propagandists argument.

As someone constantly bringing up Hitler I'd think you would see the similarities of Joseph Goebbels work and stories such as those offered, especially in light of so many of you accepting every premise offered, regardless of the holes in them. That makes propaganda easy I guess.
    (by the way there's another active thread here relating to that subject, if you're interested.)

I live in a blue state but you would not think so. Trump supporters are much more enthusiastic with signs on trucks, yards, and overpasses, holding signs, bumper stickers, and in conversations. Like their candidate they are unafraid of covid so are out in public more supporting their candidate. I think people voting for Biden aren't enthusiastic about him they just hate Trump.

Thread Information