Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: November Purge

Ah, the impossible task! A three-Scotch job, for sure!
    Looks like my living room...

I have several big bags of recycling I have to move to the garage, the bin, and eventually to the street. It isn't an impossible task, exactly, but I've been putting it off. You may have inspired me..

Next step is to start work on my illustrated book collection. I have forged a relationship with one of the local booksellers, and she will take my leftovers. They are in nice condition and not worth of the garbage, IMHO.

So, I plan to keep around 10% of the illustrated books, and pass on to her the rest.

Whoah. The Queen’s Gambit sold within a few minutes.

I sell very little on eBay, so this was exciting!

I am tallying up all of my eBay sales and I will donate that amount to our Park conservancy.

About 10 years ago we had a ton of books (40 boxes) in a garage sale. 4 book sellers came early and bought many. The ones that didn’t sell the thrift store picked up with the rest of the stuff. What a great idea to throw them overboard versus carrying them up and down all those steps. Today I got rid of the clothes that are too big for me since losing weight.

Boot box full of DH's old work CDs going to the dump, 100s of them. Got a neighbor to agree to take the jewel cases. That's one grocery bag, full. DH packed up and then took to the post office the picture and drawing board we're giving our nieces. Cost as much to ship as the original artwork did, 40 years ago!

But it's 2 HUGE boxes of stuff outta herel

More to do... Making soup.

On eBay I sold a handful of Liddle Kiddle dolls from my childhood. One of them brought $49. A few books are selling, too. The majority of books I’ll be giving to a book seller as I’ve mentioned elsewhere although I may end up setting some out for parents in my neighborhood. I still have many hundreds to get rid of.

I remember the Liddle Kiddles, I had Lola, who had a toy sailboat...

DH got into the flat file this evening. Artwork off to a dealer who might take it on. More of the rack we gave a gallery going there. Some stuff got trashed of course. Also a pile of things to go to the antique booth. Some photos, etc. to get added to the album. It's all good!

Decided to get rid fo my "cracker jars" -- a big one (1 gallon) is almost too heavy now when full. Will take them to the antique shop and buy plastic food-grade jugs instead. Normally, I try and steer away from plastic for "real" stuff, but the glass is just too heavy now, and in 5 years it will be a brick I can't move!

Took the pillow forms, coffee mugs, wreath forms, etc. I had set aside for it to the dump yesterday. Nothing left today. That means either someone else took it or it got put in the dumpster at the end of the day -- who knows?

Thread Information