Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: November Frugals!

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I walked to the drugstore instead of driving. It was over an hour round trip but it was a nice day to be out and about and I saved a little on gas.

(I put my mask on when I approached others but only one other person reciprocated. The mask mandate is a stupid imposition on law abiding citizens that doesn't do any good because even if masks serve a purpose they are widely ignored.)
    still bitchin’ ... get over it!

This planter on my shed held flowering annuals all summer. I recently pruned the holly and decided to stick some of the more berried branches in here, and voila!, a winter planter.

holly.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    This planter on my shed held flowering annuals all summer. I recently pruned the holly and decided to stick some of the more berried branches in here, and voila!, a winter planter.

holly.jpg
    What a great idea!!

Rosa - Florida girl here...how long will that last? Down here, things dry out in just a few days so I don't think that would work in my climate.

Quote Originally Posted by lmerullo View Post
    Rosa - Florida girl here...how long will that last? Down here, things dry out in just a few days so I don't think that would work in my climate.
    I don't actually know, but I hated to toss away those branches with so many lovely berries, so I just stuck them in the pot. They would probably last longer if it gets colder, but we've been having very mild weather. If necessary, I can replace them when the weather does get a bit colder, and I could add some boxwood and hemlock to make it more interesting.

Yppej
    My dentist is desperate for business and has been harassing me with phone calls (and a very irritated voice mail today), texts, emails and a letter. I am following World Health Organization guidelines and not getting routine dental care during the pandemic and have been ignoring them.

Today they called a relative of mine - different household - to try to get them to get me to come in. This is a violation of HIPAA/privacy regulations so I emailed them asking what they are going to do to compensate me for this illegal act. So this is a possible frugal, as I don't know if I will get anything from them but I am beyond irritated. The original dentist was great but retired and the new dentist is unimpressive and I only stayed with her out of inertia.

Yppej
    The dentist would only give me a small credit and I don't want to go back so I filed a complaint with the dental board. I will probably not get anything, but this may stop them from calling the elderly parents of other people in their 50's to tattle, "Your child isn't coming in for a dental checkup."

My frugal is I have stopped wearing makeup on weekends. This time of year I am not outdoors enough to need any SPF protection built into it, and I am going to look like a schlub anyways with a mask on.

Wow the behavior of that dental office is unprofessional to say the least.

That said, were they restrictions and cleaning during the past whatever months? Both the H and I went in for a routine cleanings after sitting out for the first three months.

I thought United States standards were urging people to not put off routine healthcare. Did I read that here or elsewhere?WHO standards have a little meeting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I don't actually know, but I hated to toss away those branches with so many lovely berries, so I just stuck them in the pot. They would probably last longer if it gets colder, but we've been having very mild weather. If necessary, I can replace them when the weather does get a bit colder, and I could add some boxwood and hemlock to make it more interesting.
    Here, Harley i.e. holly will dry nicely most of the time. the leaves will hang onto the Stems and the red berries will dry up but they’ll still be red and retain their color.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 11-14-20 at 2:42pm.

So funny, IL, I thought you had named your holly tree Harley.

Thread Information