Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: November Frugals!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    So funny, IL, I thought you had named your holly tree Harley.
    No, her name is Sheba. If she has fruit she is a she

Wow Jeppy, it sounds like your dentist is nuts! I get my teeth cleaned every 3 months, and I had lucky timing because I got my teeth cleaned right before the dental offices were closed and they were open again by the time of my next appointment.

I scored a free (used) dehumidifier on our local Facebook give-away page! We definitely need one in our basement and the one we currently have leaks and is very noisy.

Bought almond flour in bulk, saving over $2 per pound. I'll put it into smaller amounts and freeze it using my handy-dandy vacuum sealer thingy that my BIL gave us, with a multitude of plastic bag stuff, after his latest divorce. I seldom have a use for it, so I'm rather excited, lol. Found the OTC sinus tablets I practically live on (yes, Dr. approved!) for a better price - $1 for 24 tabs. Trying out larger cans of cat food, which isn't a lot cheaper, but would save me a trip to another store, if our cats approve. that's about all I can think of at the moment.

Yppej
    I went winter clothes shopping and spent less than expected on some basics. The plus of my new jobsite is I can wear jeans every day but the minus is the building is cold so I needed a few warmer things. I brought some cash with me to stay on budget rather than using a credit card.

Catherine, I changed my mind and ordered TP from who gives a crap. I really like that they donate 50% to build toilets. Do you get the premium version?

Just got my second order from who gives a crap...got the triple bamboo this time, haven't used it yet. My husband will be the judge. He likes the idea of what they do with money, too.

I used the top part of a tall Xmas tree for our “little” tree this year. I had to come up with something because our neighborhood has a big “ Light Up Your House for the Holiday” effort because we are shooting a promotional video.

I cleaned out 7/8 of my xmas lights and decor last year, snd planned to give away large fake tree and decor November 2020. It will live here another year and .I will give it away N.eXT year.

Yppej
    I will be over budget this month as I take advantage of Black Friday sales.

Yesterday, I did our final grocery shop of the year (hadn't been in 3 weeks). Pork shoulders were BOGO. 16# for $16. Our preferred TP has been on 25% off sale now for a month. (Seventh Generation). I've bought 2 12 packs every 2 weeks to be sure there was enough for those who want/need it. We're set for quite some time I make fudge for gifts. Choc chips an insane $1.99-couldn't tell you how many years it's been since I've seen that price.

And it went on at the store..... The checker said "You don't want the free turkey?" I can't get to $100. "You're already over." Well OK, I went and got a turkey. Another $22 saved. That will be tons of meals and the soup, and the stock....oh so grateful for a sweet checker.

The freezer is stuffed. The pantry is full. We have 4 more weeks of our fall/winter CSA delivery. The only fresh food purchase is fruit and my farm fresh eggs weekly for $2/dz. A bargain!

Our Christmas family is in Phoenix so we'll have shipping costs but that's no problem. (My family is 39 and growing so we draw names and have 1 each year and we include minor children). Makes holidays doable financially for the youngest and keeps it simple and enjoyable.

The biggest frugal? Our November Visa bill? The lowest it's been in 20 years. And again for December's payment. We don't eat out with Covid rapid growth (we were going once weekly for awhile) and curbside food is not appealing-nearly cold by the time we get it home so we stopped 2months ago even trying it. I feel bad not supporting our local independents but apparently not bad enough. I did hit a drive through 2w ago and it OK but not fantastically hot like sit down service. Hubster works from home so our vehicles might leave the garage once/week if that?

And fantastic news on our Property Tax bill that just dropped into my inbox. Our mayor had promised no increase this year (our values are rising 10-20%/year for several years in a row). Not only did we not get an increase? We got a 1 year drop! Our governor gave counties COVID relief money from the federal program. We are getting a 10% break!

Now if I could just get my $ back from 3 plane tickets for trips that cancelled? Nope. Flushed down the toilet I haven't heard of CEOs in the airline industries taking a pay cut while laying of 10s of thousands of employees. "You're welcome".

Thread Information