Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Day-After Thoughts on the Election So Far

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Not since the last time a Republican was President, anyway.
    Right. GW Bush was a stupid ignorant monkey if I remember correctly the characterizations on this board. His grades at Yale were a point of conversation until it was revealed that opponent John Kerry’s grades were equivalent if not lower.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Right. GW Bush was a stupid ignorant monkey if I remember correctly the characterizations on this board. His grades at Yale were a point of conversation until it was revealed that opponent John Kerry’s grades were equivalent if not lower.
    He was that era’s Hitler benchmark. People claimed they were moving to Canada (which must have alarmed the Canadians), and declared they could never again be friends with his knuckle-dragging supporters. Dan Rather put a period on his career by publishing “fake but accurate” documents about his military service.

Remember the frenzied period after Bush v. Gore? There’s little new about the present day. And some day if President Rubio or Cruz or Haley are sworn in, the hive will be buzzing on cue about “the existential threat to our democracy”.

He was that era’s Hitler benchmark. People claimed they were moving to Canada (which must have alarmed the Canadians), and declared they could never again be friends with his knuckle-dragging supporters. Dan Rather put a period on his career by publishing “fake but accurate” documents about his military service.

Remember the frenzied period after Bush v. Gore? There’s little new about the present day. And some day if President Rubio or Cruz or Haley are sworn in, the hive will be buzzing on cue about “the existential threat to our democracy”.
    Fortunately, the Canadians have become accustomed to the empty promises to flee to Canada by now.

Ha, that's the most accurate statement I've seen here in years. lol

It's funny when people act as if Trump is the first person to trigger their derangement syndrome.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

So Bush was so wonderful, why don't you ask an Iraqi, or right they died horrible deaths (and disfigurement with depleted uranium etc.), so they aren't around to discuss it. The Iraq war was a crime.

My belief on it is perfectly clear: it is very hard to say who is the worst president on foreign policy, ask the Vietnamese, ask those killed by the atom bomb in Japan, ask an Iraqi. But overall DOMESTIC policy, Trump is pretty much taking the cake, though there were certainly horrible policies that effected sections of the citizenry if you go back far enough (like native Americans). So as soon as the analytical distinction between policy directly affecting u.s. citizens (domestic policy) and that affecting foreign people (foreign policy) is drawn one can see why people condemn Trump. The guns pointed inward is a shock. But true it is only one focus, an Iraqi might see it differently.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

I have a hard time with that concept of "derangement syndrome." He showed us who he was when he commented to Billy Bush about assaulting women, when he mocked the disabled reporter, and when he urged football players at his rallies to beat up peaceful protestors. He has been consistent, and we have known what he stands for for a long time now.

I have a hard time with that concept of "derangement syndrome.
    it's a pure mindless though-stopping propaganda term. If one is angry that one's leaders are garbage and/or critiques them for it, well no it doesn't actually mean one has a psychological disorder.

(p.s. since when did making up one's own DSMV and pretending it had any validity at all become such a thing)
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

I voted for the first George Bush... not the son. So you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Lots
    Guess I don't get it.

Thread Information