Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Day-After Thoughts on the Election So Far

Day-After Thoughts on the Election So Far

What do you think? Who has the better chance at this point? How nasty is it going to get?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I'm disappointed in my fellow Americans. Its clear that a large number of people are ok with the nastiness, lying, bullying, incompetence, wishful thinking, blaming nature of this administration. I sort of understood the 2016 vote and its "what have you got to lose?" message. But its different now, people know what they are getting and they are not only ok with that, but excited and enthused about that. It makes me sad.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I more and more believe that America will end out splitting up and that this is a good thing. The divisions are just too deep and both sides are too wary and suspicious of each other. I can't see this level of rancor keeping a country faux united much longer. I just hope Tucson ends out being in the liberal split off of the former United States - and ARIZONA JUST FLIPPED BLUE so who knows? Rob

All the Trump support makes me feel like I have been transported to some other planet in the past few years. I just don't get it...

Perhaps the Democratic Party will learn to put up a candidate about whom we can become enthused in the face of a Trump. I say this assuming Old joe will win.

The blue wave seems to be a myth; at least up to this point. Even if Biden wins it does not seem to be a major repudiation of Trump.

Rob didn’t get his raging mobs.

Unless things really break the Democrats’ way, the Senate will remain in GOP hands. So the number of Supreme Court Justices and states seem unlikely to increase. The Durham report will probably still be heard.

Another bad year for pollsters and pundits.

It’s early yet, but I haven’t been hearing a lot of conspiracy theories featuring Russians, postmasters or groups with silly names.

Beto won’t get the credit he was hoping to get for flipping Texas.

As one writer put it, Trump got the Latino vote and Biden got the Latinx vote.

Hard to see this election as a historical turning point.

There seems to be a lot of stunned silence from both sides this morning. Each went into the election certain of a landslide victory. Who are we as a people when you see such a close race between two sides that couldn't be further apart? Who the hell are we?

I read that many people are one issue voters and vote this way on abortion and the economy. If that’s the case those of us that are intelligent and look at all the issues have trouble understanding how some are so simple minded.

I believe the ballots still are being counted in PA (20 electoral votes), GA (16), MI (16), NC (15), WI (10), NV (6) and AK (3).

Decided states give Biden 238 electoral votes and Trump 213. Either candidate would win with 270 or more electoral votes. By the end of today 11/4 we should know the score in GA, MI, WI and AK. By the end of 11/6 we should have a result from PA. By the end of 11/12 we should have the results from NC and NV.

There possibly may be recounts where the results are extremely close.

In the two Wisconsin counties I know best (Price and Marathon) Donald Trump won a larger percentage of the votes versus Biden in 2020 than versus Clinton in 2016. No matter how much Trump is disliked by the minority (about 36-40% in Price and Marathon Counties), the President to be sworn in January 2021 may yearn for "One nation, indivisible".

I live in Nevada and they expect the results to be close enough tonight and done by tomorrow night.

Thread Information