Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden elected President!!!!

We were going to have a reasonably-distanced celebration on the village green today, but it turned into a Zoom party because of rapidly-increasing covid cases hereabouts.

I put a new tire on my lawn tractor today and afterwards sat on the deck and enjoyed a beer. Good Times!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I’m diving this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I went out cruising for a party (but only local so I might not find it - because it wasn't social media informed, but just driving around, looking for where the party might be) Found it and joined a group dancing and holding signs on a street corner (outside, masked, distanced). Danced like I don't know how to dance!!! And the cars driving by beeped and beeped in celebration. Nuance, is what I'll worry about tomorrow and the next 4 years. Today, all that matters is TRUMP IS GONE.

If you can't celebrate the toppling of a little Ceasar, a would be tyrant tweeting on a golden tiolet, an election he tried to derail (he never had establishment backing in that, but you never know), then you have given up all celebration
    APN, a little dancing in the streets sounds like fun. Good for you! That isn’t being nasty.

I’ve not been on FB for over 3 years. I guess I missed all the stuff today.

Amazingly, I did not see drama over election results on FB today. Just a noticeable lack of election propaganda, thankfully!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    What many people don’t seem to understand is that people have many reasons to vote for a candidate which is different than their own. People may overlook a candidate’s actions because they are in agreement over one thing. There’s no way I would lose a friend over politics. You can either not discuss or discuss rationally. I hate when I see on Facebook people saying they don’t want to be friends with anyone that votes for him. It’s shortsighted. I have 2 good friends that voted for him both times and my husband the first time. You can not understand something and accept it.
    I have lost a few friends. One was so over the top on conspiracy theories... I just had to say goodbye. She used to be a rational person. She kept spouting unrealistic garbage even after I asked her to stop.

My brother would scream over the phone. I actually hung up on him once and emailed what I wanted to say with documentation. We do talk now. I have neighbors and other friends who are trump supporters. We just avoid the subject and agree to disagree.

I can’t wait for trump to be gone. He was/is poison to our country. We can only hope “trump nastiness” evaporates when he is out of the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    In that spirit, I see that AOC has called for an archive of all posts, tweets, etc. by “Trump sycophants”, to hold them “accountable”. Not sure what sort of people’s tribunal she has in mind, but it sounds interesting. Only by such Gestapo tactics can we protect ourselves from fascism.
    I follow AOC on Twitter. Here is her tweet:

Is anyone archiving these Trump sycophants for when they try to downplay or deny their complicity in the future? I foresee decent probability of many deleted Tweets, writings, photos in the future

She's not looking for a tribunal, she just doesn't want to see a modern-day equivalent of 18 minutes of erased tapes.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I follow AOC on Twitter. Here is her tweet:

Is anyone archiving these Trump sycophants for when they try to downplay or deny their complicity in the future? I foresee decent probability of many deleted Tweets, writings, photos in the future

She's not looking for a tribunal, she just doesn't want to see a modern-day equivalent of 18 minutes of erased tapes.
    I’m glad, very glad, that you provided this exact quote. I looked up the exact quote yesterday too, and find it disturbing. But then, it is all in the interpretation of the TWeet limited to 140 characters so who knows what she intended.

So Catherine, who exactly are the Trump sycophants?

do you understand that when I read this, as someone for whom the free speech issue is number one in political issues* I read it as “revenge is coming for anyone who supported Trump and those people will be running around erasing their messages of Trump support because something bad will happen to them. I am the agent that will dish out the bad and it will not be pretty.”

It very much reads as someone threatening a tribunal.

* financial solidarity for our country is really my #1 issue but no pol is gonna make that happen, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    So Catherine, who exactly are the Trump sycophants?
    do you understand that when I read this, as someone for whom the free speech issue is number one in political issues* I read it as “revenge is coming for anyone who supported Trump and those people will be running around erasing their messages of Trump support because something bad will happen to them.
    I read it that way too. Why do you need an archive of supportive comments if you don't intend to use it in some way? And who interprets what statements are supportive of Trump and which are not?

I'm currently maintaining an archive of every word written by our members here during the entirety of the Trump administration. That includes dozens of instances of me being labeled a Trump supporter, Trumpist, Racist and Misogynist. Will the labeling be enough to harm me in a Democratic administration?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information