Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden elected President!!!!

Yes I suspect Joe has had plastic surgery, actually I suspect Trump has too, BUT by the same person who did his hair transplants, styles what is left of it, and does his make up …

(yea I know it's wrong to make fun of Trump's looks, one should only make fun of everything else about him)
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

I dunno. If someone chooses to wear more makeup than bozo Iím going to feel free to make fun of it.

My priest got slapped down by the bishop for posting political stuff on priest’s own FB page. Bishop has made repeated public statements that the priests are to keep anything political related off all social media, even their personal pages. I have long known my priest’s left leanings. There have been issues in the part where he’s made comments from the pulpit that were political. Probably about half the parish is conservative. I’ve told him myself repeatedly that we know his leanings aren’t going to change, but politics of all stripes have no place in the pulpit. Families have left in the past due to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    My priest got slapped down by the bishop for posting political stuff on priest’s own FB page. Bishop has made repeated public statements that the priests are to keep anything political related off all social media, even their personal pages. I have long known my priest’s left leanings. There have been issues in the part where he’s made comments from the pulpit that were political. Probably about half the parish is conservative. I’ve told him myself repeatedly that we know his leanings aren’t going to change, but politics of all stripes have no place in the pulpit. Families have left in the past due to it.
    I don’t know of one church that avoids the social/political parts of life from the pulpit.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I don’t know of one church that avoids the social/political parts of life from the pulpit.
    Some issues are Ok, but some aren’t, from the pulpit. As for the current situation, the bishop was trying to avoid splits and such. My priest was shilling for Biden and rejoicing in his victory on social media. That’s what got him slapped down.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Thatís true. If morality, based in religion or otherwise, is largely a matter of people relating to people, itís always going to touch on politics. And when politics are based in ideologies that demand the right to arbitrate human relations, conflict seems inevitable. Thus we see ideologues viewing groups like the Knights of Columbus or the Little Sisters of the Poor as enemies.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Tybee - above is the slow cooker cashew chicken I made to celebrate the Biden victory. It really did turn out well. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Tybee - above is the slow cooker cashew chicken I made to celebrate the Biden victory. It really did turn out well. Rob
    Rob, thank you!! I love cashew chicken, and I will dust off the slow cooker and give this a shot.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Rob, thank you!! I love cashew chicken, and I will dust off the slow cooker and give this a shot.
    Cool! Please post how it turns out. Rob

Thread Information