Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden elected President!!!!

Joe Biden elected President!!!!

Thank God! Can't wait for trump to be gone and the drama to stop! Just knowing trump is going to have a tantrum though.

He will end up with many more votes than what he needs. Probably 306). Trump is going to have a huge temper tantrum)

Trump will be gone, but the drama won’t stop.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Trump will be gone, but the drama won’t stop.
    That's for sure. The only question is whether it will be rage tweets or another unhinged press conference.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Let JOY ring out across the 85006 and across the nation! Trump has been made little more than an unfortunately bizarre asterik in American History! I am sitting outside Safeway - off today and how appropriate (!!!) and was coming here as a cold front is moving through and it's finally cooling off a bit here - enough for cookouts with chimerias tonight and I was buying some precut firewood for such. And now we have a reason to celebrate!!! I am even posting here before calling SO - who also found work but PT only for the moment - stocking at an electronics retailer.

I wanted to post here first to share my double joy - not only in the Biden win but also in Arizona remaining blue even if called a bit early. Let JOY ring out through the 85006 and the nation. Rob

Dancing in the Streets!

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    That's for sure. The only question is whether it will be rage tweets or another unhinged press conference.
    And beyond that. Even after we stop hearing Trump’s name every day, there will be drama. The squad versus the establishment in the Democratic Party on any number of fronts. The politics of infection with a new slant. Rules fights in the Senate. Identity politics writ large. Fights over the direction of the economy among people who think the economy can be directed. The rage of disillusioned revolutionists. The Durham report. Stay tuned.

While I'm happy with the results, LDAHL is right, the drama isn't going away. 70 million people thought Trump was a good idea. They aren't suddenly going to get aboard the Biden train. Trump was not the cause but the effect. The causes are still there. Rampant racism, willing ignorance, in-your-face behaviors will all continue for quite some time.

I am happy that the perversion of our government for someone's personal financial and political whims will be curtailed. I'll be happy to see science to get back into the drivers seat on coronavirus. I'd like the attorney general to get back to being the top lawyer for the country and not one who functions as the president's personal lawyer. I don't expect Biden to be perfect, and he will be hindered by the Senate in any legislation. I'd just like for the money and influence grubbing to go back to being subtle and behind the scenes and not being shouted out loud in my face all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Dancing in the Streets!
    Yes indeed! And with good reason!!! It's true that I find myself living in a nation in which enough of the population voted for the Unfortunate Asterick In History Man that the election was a nail biter in the first place - the reality of America is that Donald Trump's behaviors are/were acceptable to some not small percentage of this society's population.

What does this say about the prospect of long-term cohesion/unity as an intact country going forward? What does this say regarding the long-term viability of this citizenship?

Though I definitely feel joy and share joy with many - I also realize this is nowhere near over yet and the issues of long term cohesion slash unity as a nation/viability of the citizenship indeed remain.

But let the parade commence! At least a start towards something slightly saner took place today! For that I am grateful. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    While I'm happy with the results, LDAHL is right, the drama isn't going away. 70 million people thought Trump was a good idea. They aren't suddenly going to get aboard the Biden train. Trump was not the cause but the effect. The causes are still there. Rampant racism, willing ignorance, in-your-face behaviors will all continue for quite some time.

I am happy that the perversion of our government for someone's personal financial and political whims will be curtailed. I'll be happy to see science to get back into the drivers seat on coronavirus. I'd like the attorney general to get back to being the top lawyer for the country and not one who functions as the president's personal lawyer. I don't expect Biden to be perfect, and he will be hindered by the Senate in any legislation. I'd just like for the money and influence grubbing to go back to being subtle and behind the scenes and not being shouted out loud in my face all the time.
    Methinks you post a very realistic take, herbgeek......Rob

Thread Information