Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden elected President!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Dancing in the Streets!
    Indeed! A number of friends in San Francisco and NYC have posted the videos on Facebook. Lots of joy and happiness going on right now.

A friend reported she woke up with a cat on her face, the sounds of her neighbor drilling his driveway, horns honking, and people shouting in celebration.

Emmanuel Macron's message "Welcome back, America!" That's the way I feel. I'm trapped here, but hopeful that we'll be able to gain back some respect from the world at large.

Young people are filling the streets; I feel cautiously hopeful.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Indeed! A number of friends in San Francisco and NYC have posted the videos on Facebook. Lots of joy and happiness going on right now.
    I'm getting on bus soon to get back home - I'm sure we'll be doing something in the neighborhood to celebrate. So happy that Biden was elected and I have today off to celebrate with others! It is indeed a day of joy - but what I posted before I hold to, also.

This all is far from over yet. Trump has caused so much rancor, bitterness, division - has (former) allies distrusting us and has the world laughing at us/pitying us. Also the in your face belligerence of the Trump era? I fear the GOP may hold onto this as a new norm to try their hand at yet more destruction and division.

This is not over yet. But today we start the long, ardous road to even beginning to heal as a nation. As Martha Stewart would say - it's a good thing. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    A friend reported she woke up with a cat on her face, the sounds of her neighbor drilling his driveway, horns honking, and people shouting in celebration.

Emmanuel Macron's message "Welcome back, America!" That's the way I feel. I'm trapped here, but hopeful that we'll be able to gain back some respect from the world at large.

Young people are filling the streets; I feel cautiously hopeful.
    Mr. Macron's message has me a bit misty eyed. I am so happy to hear these words from the leader of a country with such a saner system - for all the bitching of the French about cuts to it here and there. These words mean so much to me. I can call Vienna now and not feel two centimeters tall from embarrassment. Rob

Politics will go back to being boring and we won’t have a daily outrage. No more constant lying and not being able to believe a word that comes out of the president’s mouth.

Abraham Lincoln's Second Inaugural Adddress:

With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds...

Meanwhile, Trump supporters are gathering in the mall at the Pennsylvania statehouse. To intimidate poll workers? Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Meanwhile, Trump supporters are gathering in the mall at the Pennsylvania statehouse. To intimidate poll workers? Good grief.
    And as a Liberal playing with a debatably mostly full deck - why on Earth would they do such at this time? For what potential gain, for what potential purpose? I honestly don't understand Trump supporters and I say this with no snark nor rancor - I am just stating a fact. I just don't get this mentality. Though this mentality will no doubt linger for who knows how long - at least it's been voted out of the highest office of the land.

I take joy in that much - much like I take joy in Snowden acquiring Russian permanent residency. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Politics will go back to being boring and we won’t have a daily outrage. No more constant lying and not being able to believe a word that comes out of the president’s mouth.
    What will Trump's press secretary do now, I wonder? Though I find her politics utterly repulsive, she can spin BS quicker on her feet than any server I've ever seen when way way way behind on their tables. She's obviously got firing brain cells and she's articulate and it does take intelligence to spin BS quickly - I wonder where she will land on her feet now? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    What will Trump's press secretary do now, I wonder? Though I find her politics utterly repulsive, she can spin BS quicker on her feet than any server I've ever seen when way way way behind on their tables. She's obviously got firing brain cells and she's articulate and it does take intelligence to spin BS quickly - I wonder where she will land on her feet now? Rob
    She's got blonde hair. She'll be a Fox News presenter.

Thread Information