Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden elected President!!!!

I don't see it as a threat. I see it as simply a desire to preserve data in the event actions by Trump or his administration are discovered to have been illegal. I would would feel that way regardless of political party. I loved Bill Clinton, but I'm happy that Linda Tripp told Monica Lewinsky to save that darned dress. Maybe because I'm in market research, I believe you can never have too much data.

Now, if people want to delete tweets, that is their prerogative. I'm not against free speech. If by chance I wake up tomorrow with a conversion experience that makes me a conservative Republican, I doubt that I would delete any of my posts on this forum, but if I did, it would be your right to have saved them and use them against me in the future.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    If by chance I wake up tomorrow with a conversion experience that makes me a conservative Republican, I doubt that I would delete any of my posts on this forum, but if I did, it would be your right to have saved them and use them against me in the future.
    No worries Catherine, you're safe with me.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I read it that way too. Why do you need an archive of supportive comments if you don't intend to use it in some way? And who interprets what statements are supportive of Trump and which are not?

I'm currently maintaining an archive of every word written by our members here during the entirety of the Trump administration. That includes dozens of instances of me being labeled a Trump supporter, Trumpist, Racist and Misogynist. Will the labeling be enough to harm me in a Democratic administration?
    My brother has had restrictions placed on his Facebook Account.

My brother, a never Trumper, does talk about 2nd Amendment issues on his FB page So that content is I’m sure unpleasant for Zuckerberg and Co. But my brother is quite evenhanded and logical in his arguments, and I think those of a liberal persuasion on this board would find his discourse to be very similar to Alan’s and LDahl’s and bae’s, that is of course for those who give those guys a pat on the head for being “good “conservatives.

He was cut off in FB with this message:

Action Blocked
    You’re temporarily restricted from complex entities inte
    ractions until November 28 7:03 pm.

I can’t figure out what’s going on with Facebook. When my brother first showed shock and disbelief on his page ( he is blocked from some activities but not others, and I don’t know exactly what he is now restricted from) it was surprising to see how many people jumped in to say oh you couldn’t possibly be blocked for your thoughts.

One of my cousins said it sounds like a message instituted by Iranian hackers because of the Strange language of “ complex entities” And another cousin answered immediately that it couldn’t be any of the Facebook guys behind it. Both of the cousins are fairly liberal in their political Outlook.

I don’t know what to think. I can find lots of theorizing on the Internet about what this FB message means but I haven’t seen any authoritative claim from Facebook saying yes we now block individuals for expressing thoughts on certain topics.

Oh I think AOC has a bit of Madame DeFarge in her. She is also reported to have told Democrats who broke with the party over reporting attempts by illegal immigrants to purchase guns that they were “putting themselves on a list”. Creating an archive for the convenience of cancel culture seems in character.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I don't see it as a threat. I see it as simply a desire to preserve data in the event actions by Trump or his administration are discovered to have been illegal. I would would feel that way regardless of political party. I loved Bill Clinton, but I'm happy that Linda Tripp told Monica Lewinsky to save that darned dress. Maybe because I'm in market research, I believe you can never have too much data.

Now, if people want to delete tweets, that is their prerogative. I'm not against free speech. If by chance I wake up tomorrow with a conversion experience that makes me a conservative Republican, I doubt that I would delete any of my posts on this forum, but if I did, it would be your right to have saved them and use them against me in the future.
    Oh good god that blue dress and that tawdry episode in our American political history. Who the hell needed that. What did that possibly do in the realm of positive.

No worries Catherine, you're safe with me.
    Thanks, Alan!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Will the labeling be enough to harm me in a Democratic administration?
    You might want to be extra careful on your next few tax returns.

I read it that way too. Why do you need an archive of supportive comments if you don't intend to use it in some way? And who interprets what statements are supportive of Trump and which are not?

I'm currently maintaining an archive of every word written by our members here during the entirety of the Trump administration. That includes dozens of instances of me being labeled a Trump supporter, Trumpist, Racist and Misogynist. Will the labeling be enough to harm me in a Democratic administration?
    Oh brother, give us a break!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oh good god that blue dress and that tawdry episode in our American political history. Who the hell needed that. What did that possibly do in the realm of positive.
    As a careful forum reader, I thought you meant that nice picture of Catherine in the blue dress, IL!!! This is how viral rumors start!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Oh brother, give us a break!
    Yes, please do!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information