Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R.I.P. Alex Trebek

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Just saw that Alex Trebek died. Boy, I can't even tell you how many thousands of episodes of Jeopardy I've watched over the years. He was a constant in my life and I am truly going to miss him.
    It certainly won't be the same without him. Big shoes to fill for somebody. Maybe Ken Jennings? Sorry, I know it's too early to even think about that.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Yppej
    He died with dignity, stating no heroic measures. We all have to go sometime, but not everyone can leave with grace.

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    It certainly won't be the same without him. Big shoes to fill for somebody. Maybe Ken Jennings? Sorry, I know it's too early to even think about that.
    Apparently they taped so far in advance that the last Jeopardy show with Trebek will be shown on Christmas Day. No idea what they'll do afterward; I know they were considering replacements, but I don't think they expected to need one so soon.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Many sites are taking bets and making speculations on who will replace the long ill Trebek. Whether the show continues without him or not remains to be seen, but I think it remained popular enough for the network to keep it going. Trebek had hosted the show since 1984, so he's almost synonymous with it. I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by ewomack View Post
    Many sites are taking bets and making speculations on who will replace the long ill Trebek. Whether the show continues without him or not remains to be seen, but I think it remained popular enough for the network to keep it going. Trebek had hosted the show since 1984, so he's almost synonymous with it. I guess we'll see.
    Yes, I was a huge Jeopardy back when Art Fleming hosted! As teenagers, my brother and I would order the Jeopardy home game every year and then whip through the whole set of games in a couple of months. When I got a job in the NBC unit managers department right out of college, my supervisor told me on the first day, "You'll be working on the game show Jeopardy! I was so totally psyched! I met Art Fleming and Don Pardo.

So, I do think (and hope) that Jeopardy still has legs, even without Alex. I personally would like to see Ken Jennings or LeVar Burton. Both would probably bring some of Alex's qualities to the show.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Somewhere in my childhood paraphernalia is an autograph of Don Pardo who at the time was also an announcer for another game show, I think it was match game. We had a school field trip to NYC and one of the stops was to see the set of a tv show.

Bet-makers weigh in on Alex's replacement in the Toronto Sun: Don't you love how Donald Trump is on the list, albeit last place with 1000:1 odds? OMG talk about heresy.

NEXT JEOPARDY! HOST ODDS (as of Nov. 11)
    Ken Jennings: 1-1
    George Stephanopoulos: 7-2
    Neil deGrasse Tyson: 14-1
    Pat Sajak: 16-1
    Alex Faust: 18-1
    Laura Coates: 18-1
    Ryan Seacrest: 18-1
    Tom Bergeron: 18-1
    Jimmy Kimmel: 20-1
    Katie Couric: 20-1
    LeVar Burton: 20-1
    Mina Kimes: 22-1
    Jane Lynch: 25-1
    Neil Patrick Harris: 25-1
    Trevor Noah: 28-1
    Wolf Blitzer: 28-1
    Drew Carey: 33-1
    Jon Stewart: 33-1
    Chris Harrison: 40-1
    Howie Mandel: 40-1
    Piers Morgan: 40-1
    Steve Harvey: 40-1
    Erin Andrews: 50-1
    Nick Cannon: 50-1
    Al Michaels: 66-1
    Joe Rogan: 66-1
    Rosie Perez: 66-1
    Oprah Winfrey: 100-1
    James Holzhauer: 250-1
    Donald Trump: 1000-1
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

If it would keep Trump busy from making any more trouble ... I'm in favor of it.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information