Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Biden Hypocrisy

Yppej, we get it. The two things in the world you most are masks and Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Yppej, we get it. The two things in the world you most are masks and Biden.
    Are you missing one word in this question, jp1? Did you mean to include "love"?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Today's issue of the CS Monitor included this editorial and I thought that it might be a wonderful suggestion to give some relief from all the demonization that we have had to endure:

"In his first speech after the election, Joe Biden asked Americans to end “this grim era of demonization.” It was a timely request for civility. Yet what stood out was that he did not name names. He did not shame anyone but rather merely pointed to the practice of name-calling. He kept the demon of demonization separate from those who resort to it.

Mr. Biden has admitted he has struggled with separating the political from the personal. He often tells the story from his early years in the Senate when a colleague, Sen. Jesse Helms, denounced a bill granting rights to Americans with disabilities. Senator Biden was ready to attack him for lacking empathy when Senate Majority Leader Mike Mansfield took Mr. Biden aside to inform him that Senator Helms had adopted a child with a disability.

Mr. Mansfield also told Mr. Biden: “Your job here is to find the good things in your colleagues – the things their state saw – and not focus on the bad.” Mr. Biden said it was “the single most important piece of advice I got in my career.” Now, as he heads toward the Oval Office, he is passing along that advice to all Americans."

Oh please give us some mercy from the mask and older members of the populaiton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Find the good things that going on that their state saw.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Are you missing one word in this question, jp1? Did you mean to include "love"?
    LOL. Not sure I can even blame that one on autocorrect... Yes, I must've meant love!

He's the President elect, he may have instant daily testing with instant results. So should all of us by now, but we don't. But is that so unlikely for the next President? (Trump allegedly was doing testing multiple times a day but that seems not true in retrospect, who knows what was ever true in the Trump Whitehouse, wheels within wheels).

But mind you IF the whole world did conspire to oust Trump I would say "good going! cheers!".
    Trees don't grow on money

Trump lost the election because of covid. It’s not a surprise that his ceremony to celebrate hack Barrett into the Supreme Court was a superspreader event. And it’s equally not surprising that election night at the White House is now also emerging as a potential superspreader event. Those clowns couldn’t keep themselves safe, why would anyone expect them to keep anyone else safe? (And of course pence probably has it but it’s being kept secret because that’s republican style. When was he last out in public?)

Biden, being a smarter guy, has undoubtedly implemented a safer protocol for keeping people around him safe.

But sure, masks suck and don’t work. And no one who’s at risk is going to socially distance. Whatever.

Enough rancor. Let's get on with getting along. I am hoping as the Trump love fades, the nastiness will fade too.

I have been thinking of this a lot today - the hypocrisy in Washington by both sides of the aisle. The only thing that saves them is that the American voter has a very
    short memory.

There are just to many irregularities with the voting to not suspect some level of foul play. The vote counting should be open for observation, just as the Democrats would want if the shoe was on the other foot. I have lost faith in the systems that count the votes, the biased states that oversee the process and the media that reports on them. Trump was elected in my opinion because he was an outsider, I kept hoping a true statesman would emerge, but he only got worse.

The more that is gleaned from Hunter's laptop the more disgusted I become. Yet the news media chose to look away from this story, their man was already chosen. If and I say if there is any truth to what some are reporting, this is a very serious crime. The level of baggage that is tolerated depends on which side of the aisle you are seated.

Seriously both parties nauseate me right now. I am disillusioned by the whole process.

I'm happy Trump is gone. He's a lying piece of disgusting scumbag.

Yppej
    Here is an article on the fallacy that instant testing will save us. The only thing it got wrong is that it is all elites, not just Republicans, who think the social distancing and no hugging rules do not apply to them:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...-pandemic.html

Thread Information