Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immersion blender

Immersion blender

I have an immersion blender which I absolutely love! However, it has one of those on/off buttons that you need to hold down to keep it on. I'm searching online, but not having much luck in finding one that has an on/off switch - hit the switch it goes on/hit the switch it goes off - no prolonged holding a button down. Does anyone have one like this? Or is aware of one like this?

Thanks.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Mine is the same way. Its only drawback. If I have to blend something for a really long time, I use my regular blender/food processor. Haven't really looked for what you're looking for.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Are your blenders cordless? I am thinking I would really like to have one, mainly to make individual servings of whipped cream. I had one ages ago but it wasn't very powerful and the cord really got in the way. I don't want to spend a lot of money as I already have a good stand mixer, old but good food processor, and a mini food processor. But none of them are good at small amounts of whipped cream (which I'm currently fixated on, lol - and have an arm that's too sore for hand-whipping!). Reading product reviews has left me very confused. Seems they are all wonderful/terrible.

early morning, mine is corded but they definitely have cordless ones.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

As I thought about this post, it occurred to me that the very nature of an immersion blender is to have instant control as the blender works through the food. An on/off may not be as desirable as one could not raise and lower it with an on/off button as easily.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I just checked ours and the button needs to be held down. It's a Proctor Silex and a few years old. As an aside, we don't really ever use it. I think we used it for something once, but I forget what it was.

They're the perfect tool for mayonnaise.

I have only had this immersion blender for a few years, but I love it. I likely will not get another regular blender.

Our blender (avocado green) is in the attic but easily accessible. I use it once or twice a year...have wondered if I'd use an immersion blender or if it would just end up taking up space. Fresh whipped cream sounds pretty good...I use Redi Whip daily.

Mine is a corded Hamilton Beach. I use it often for soups and hummus. I understand what you are saying, razz, but it is being able to more readily control the up/down that I want a regular button. Right now I make somewhat of a mess trying to move/operate the blender and also keep it on. I definitely acknowledge it is a "me" thing - roflol.

Thread Information