Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Immersion blender

I've never had luck with a blender - they just shove stuff above the blades, and sit there and whir nothing. And I've had several. They make grape juice pretty well and that's it - can't even make a decent think malted. I have an Oster, currently, with a bazzillion speeds. It just sits there taking up space. I've about ready to chuck it and get an immersion blender of some sort. I see that the cords now mostly come out of the top and seem to swivel somewhat? The one I had eons ago was called a stick blender, and the cord drooped and got into food and was a PIA - those for sale now do look much less annoying. Thanks for this thread, happystuff, even if you haven't found blender with an off-on button. I've been reading reviews and promos, and they don't seem to mention if you have to hold a switch or button while using. nswef, we do use generic pressurized whipping cream but it's usually a tad sweet, and for some applications, I don't like it. Plus it's way more expensive. I can get a pint of whipping cream for 1.55 while the canned stuff 2.89.

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    I've never had luck with a blender - they just shove stuff above the blades, and sit there and whir nothing. And I've had several. They make grape juice pretty well and that's it - can't even make a decent think malted. I have an Oster, currently, with a bazzillion speeds. It just sits there taking up space. I've about ready to chuck it and get an immersion blender of some sort. I see that the cords now mostly come out of the top and seem to swivel somewhat? The one I had eons ago was called a stick blender, and the cord drooped and got into food and was a PIA - those for sale now do look much less annoying. Thanks for this thread, happystuff, even if you haven't found blender with an off-on button. I've been reading reviews and promos, and they don't seem to mention if you have to hold a switch or button while using. nswef, we do use generic pressurized whipping cream but it's usually a tad sweet, and for some applications, I don't like it. Plus it's way more expensive. I can get a pint of whipping cream for 1.55 while the canned stuff 2.89.
    Didn't mention before, but my immersion blender comes with a whipping attachment (can swap out the blender part). Haven't used it yet, but assume it would do well with making whipped cream, etc.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information