Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update on Wrists & Hands: A Vent

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    You talking to me, buddy?

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha I am so so so guilty.
    It actually was a general comment. I see it here and lots of other places.

I've seen the hash that Alexa (and Google and Siri) sometimes make understanding vocal commands. No proofreading there; only do-overs.

No, a very general comment.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    It actually was a general comment. I see it here and lots of other places.

I've seen the hash that Alexa (and Google and Siri) sometimes make understanding vocal commands. No proofreading there; only do-overs.

No, a very general comment.
    What is confounding to me is that my dictation program changes words more than once sometimes three times depending on context I guess. So I will run my eyeballs over the text it created, and it’s fine, and I move on and later I find that it changed that text that I had already proofread. This all happens very quickly.

One of the more amusing changes is in a recent series of email conversations I’ve had with my cousin. He and I are emailing about oriental rugs. He likes Caucasian rugs. My dictation program translated that as C. O. C. K. rugs. Being the easily -amused-by-smut people that we are, we now refer to them that way as his C.O.C.K. rugs.

He likes Caucasian rugs. My dictation program translated that as C. O. C. K. rugs. Being the easily -amused-by-smut people that we are, we now refer to them that way as his C.O.C.K. rugs.
    There we go! Imagine what an interesting conversation you would have had with a rug dealer if you dictated a text asking if he had any C. O. C. K. rugs!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I've learned to proof read all my dictation after having almost posted something rather crude on my facebook. I dictated that "I was out to the garden checking the peppers." But It actually wrote "I was out f.....ing the peppers. " Yikes!

Too funny ��!

One of the most memorable faux pas of my workplace involved a brochure that was printed in great quantity and distributed before being caught. The title had the phrase "public affairs" in it but read "pubic affairs".

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    One of the most memorable faux pas of my workplace involved a brochure that was printed in great quantity and distributed before being caught. The title had the phrase "public affairs" in it but read "pubic affairs".
    Working for a pubic library yes I saw that a lot

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I've learned to proof read all my dictation after having almost posted something rather crude on my facebook. I dictated that "I was out to the garden checking the peppers." But It actually wrote "I was out f.....ing the peppers. " Yikes!
    Wow Cathy, I know you really love your garden, but that takes it to a whole new level!

Working for a pubic library yes I saw that a lot
    Did you do that on purpose? loll

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Did you do that on purpose? loll
    Yes I did!

Thread Information