Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lockdown #2

Lockdown #2

On Monday, Nov. 16th, New Mexico is under going its second Shelter-At-Home order. All non-essential retail must cease for two weeks to start with. I saw it coming a week ago; cases are exploding around here (as they are everywhere) but most worrisome thing to me is the already fragile healthcare system crumbling under the weight of it all.

Me and my guy are fine. We have quite a stockpile of food and household goods, and started ordering our groceries for pickup two weeks ago anyway as things starting getting ramped up here. So now I have two weeks (or quite possibly more) of no work in the gallery. I have a list of projects I can do to keep busy, hands and wrists obliging.

This is getting pretty scary. I hope ya'll can keep safe and well out there.

IL, suburban Cook County (me), and Chicago all have stay at home advisories for the next 3 weeks or so. that go into effect Monday, I think. I work at home. Get groceries once a week for me and a senior friend. Other errands occasionally.

I have my cave diving class in WI T’giving weekend. As long as it’s still being held, I’m going, hell or high water.

We are going into 4 weeks on the 18th formally but were asked to start today. I don't believe for one minute it will only be 4 weeks. DH had to go to ER last monday for some heart symptoms and the ER was already full of Covid patients waiting for rooms. I struggle this time of year under the best of circumstances and this lockdown really has me down in the dumps.

California has developed a system of four risk categories and has placed each county in one of the four groups. Which group the county is in is dependent on the statistics for that county. My county has seen an uptick in cases and hospitalizations over the past week. No where near as bad as many other places, but enough to be concerning. So we are voluntarily stepping up restrictions to hopefully prevent being downgraded to the next lower category. (moving back up to the next better category takes 3 weeks of good statistics so avoiding a downgrade is in everyone's best interest.) Restaurants are back to 25% indoor occupancy instead of 50% for instance. Hopefully that will be enough to keep our numbers down.

Every time I text with my cousin's wife in smalltown Kansas I'm SO thankful I live here and not there and am fortunate enough to be able to continue working from home and avoiding much interaction with people. It honestly just seems like a matter of time before she and my cousin end up getting it. People there are just too deep in the denial/hoax bubble and since they both work outside the home (she's a teacher in a nearby county that's doing just as bad) they can't isolate themselves from the ignorance/stupidity in any meaningful way beyond always wearing masks and trying to distance from people every day at work.

Eventually this will be behind us. I'd like to remain one of the "didn't have's" because the long-term effects that people are facing sound quite awful. If that means we need to spend another six or eight months not interacting with a lot of other people that's what I will do.

Yes, my brother in NM and son in Oregon are both going on lockdown. My brother is upset, and I can see why, even if it is for the best.

I’m sitting here looking at my long grocery list and getting my head into a space where I will do grocery shopping no more than once a week, which is pretty much what I’ve been doing in the past two months. But I really need to limit it to one shop every two weeks. So maybe I have to go back to Instacart and try to make it work.

DH will not step foot in a St. Louis city grocery store. He wants to do his shopping in Herman where the infection rate is lower but of course it is climbing. As it is everywhere in rural places.

I don’t want to spend a long time in the grocery store, and this list is LONG.

Next week surely they will have turkeys and I can go pick up a turkey, I can scoot around the outside aisles and get fresh produce and dairy, and come home. Then maybe I can set up Instacart purchases for the bottled/canned/frozen.

I got deliveries weekly for awhile, but that has slowed now that I have provisions. I'm figuring every two or three weeks will be fine. I just make a list and keep adding and subtracting items until I'm ready to drop my order.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I got deliveries weekly for awhile, but that has slowed now that I have provisions. I'm figuring every two or three weeks will be fine. I just make a list and keep adding and subtracting items until I'm ready to drop my order.
    Months ago I was unable to make Instacart work for me because they could never tell me when they would deliver ( getting commitments to delivery dates was impossible) and I was out of town half of the week, so I never knew how to work it.

Maybe this time they have less demand for service.

I use Amazon Fresh. I schedule the 5 AM or 7 AM slot a day or so ahead, and they deliver promptly.

Maybe I'll try Safeway delivery one of these days. Their pickup service was first rate.

Our governor has asked everyone to stay home for 2 weeks so that’s what we are doing. If we want a restaurant meal we will get takeout.

Thread Information