Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will he need to be physically, perhaps forcefully removed?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Will he need to be physically, perhaps forcefully removed?

Trump - from the White House, I mean. What do you think? I'm afraid of this image being seared into the minds of the rest of the world and the economic implications in a country with such extreme inequality.

Seriously, I wish the man had never been elected. Even in departure he remains a liability. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Trump - from the White House, I mean. What do you think? I'm afraid of this image being seared into the minds of the rest of the world and the economic implications in a country with such extreme inequality.

Seriously, I wish the man had never been elected. Even in departure he remains a liability. Rob
    I don’t care what my Austrian relatives think. Or my Swiss relatives.

They have their own troubles.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I don’t care what my Austrian relatives think. Or my Swiss relatives.

They have their own troubles.
    If only it were just Austria and Switzerland that now see America even more as it really is.....I'm afraid this one's worldwide at this point. Rob

He will leave although lots of funny memes on Facebook with him being rolled out in his desk and chair)

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    He will leave although lots of funny memes on Facebook with him being rolled out in his desk and chair)
    Agreed, Trump will leave,

Yppej
    Melania and Jared are working on getting him to leave.

I think Trump is too conceited to create a dragging out situation.

I don’t see much point in caring about what other countries think of us; as if the world where a giant high school cafeteria. I don’t see much value in apology tours to countries that might not exist in the absence of our security umbrella.

I see the rest of the world moving away from the U.S. as a rather positive development, one of the few possibly good fallouts of Trump? If the U.S. could be the moral leader it imagines itself only in it's fantasies, that ship has sailed, and the world needed to see that it had sailed. The U.S. spent as much time BEFORE TRUMP watering down say climate treaties as it did taking them remotely seriously. But anyway bases of power shift away from the U.S. for reasons other than just Trump of course, of course China is the manufacturing powerhouse, and of course the East, not the West is able to competently handle a pandemic (except Finland, and NZ, yes there are a few, but look at much of Europe - and even Europe will probably end up better at handling it than the U.S. when all is said and done. And people notice it, they note competence, versus incompetence bordering on genocide). A young woman from China was interviewed, she was studying in Europe, and was able to get a coronavirus vaccine in China before going back to Europe and took it. She said she used to see her future in Europe, but given how they handled the pandemic, now sees it in China.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I see the rest of the world moving away from the U.S. as a rather positive development, one of the few possibly good fallouts of Trump? If the U.S. could be the moral leader it imagines itself only in it's fantasies, that ship has sailed, and the world needed to see that it had sailed. The U.S. spent as much time BEFORE TRUMP watering down say climate treaties as it did taking them remotely seriously. But anyway bases of power shift away from the U.S. for reasons other than just Trump of course, of course China is the manufacturing powerhouse, and of course the East, not the West is able to competently handle a pandemic (except Finland, and NZ, yes there are a few, but look at much of Europe - and even Europe will probably end up better at handling it than the U.S. when all is said and done. And people notice it, they note competence, versus incompetence bordering on genocide). A young woman from China was interviewed, she was studying in Europe, and was able to get a coronavirus vaccine in China before going back to Europe and took it. She said she used to see her future in Europe, but given how they handled the pandemic, now sees it in China.
    I wonder how the Uighurs feel about their future in China.

I'd love to see a disheveled Trump hauled away screaming curses at reporters, but I'm guessing he'll just slink out the back door with fantasies of starting a network to rival Fox and adding to his ragtag pack of perennial true believers.

I agree with ANM that the world is rightly turning away from the US as a world leader; we've clearly jumped the shark.

Thread Information