Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will he need to be physically, perhaps forcefully removed?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Jesus Christ on a cracker, do we have to save everyone in the damn world? Do you want us to take on the Chinese girly?
    Why don’t we let someone over closer to that part of the world, maybe their Muslim compatriots, help them a little bit.

I more than anyone tire of justice warriors posting moralistic homilies on social media. But in this case I do think there’s not much else the average American ( or .Canadian, or
    new .Zealander, or etc you know white saviors) can do to help this particular hotspot of misery in the world. And there are many hotspots of misery. Many many.
    That was a response to LDAHL's "I wonder how the Uighurs feel about their future in China."
    I'd be happy if there were something we could do in their behalf, but I agree there are countries more suitable that should intervene.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    That was a response to LDAHL's "I wonder how the Uighurs feel about their future in China."
    I'd be happy if there were something we could do in their behalf, but I agree there are countries more suitable that should intervene.
    I think people who look at China and see the future should consider all the facets.

I’m curious who you think those more suitable countries are. Maybe they could assist with China’s colonization efforts in the South China Sea and the National Basketball Association.

Jesus Christ on a cracker, do we have to save everyone in the damn world? Do you want us to take on the Chinese girly?
    Why don’t we let someone over closer to that part of the world, maybe their Muslim compatriots, help them a little bit.

I more than anyone tire of justice warriors posting moralistic homilies on social media. But in this case I do think there’s not much else the average American ( or .Canadian, or
    new .Zealander, or etc you know white saviors) can do to help this particular hotspot of misery in the world. And there are many hotspots of misery. Many many.
    Love the "jesus christ on a cracker"... lol.

But, fortunately there are people who care and try to do something for other people. I know you have stated that you don't particularly care for dealings with people so don't worry - the "we" and "us" you refer to doesn't need to include you personally, but others do. Yes, there are MANY hotspots of misery in the world, but -again - kudos to those who try to help - even just a little - instead of just throwing their hands up in the air and saying "there's too many so don't help any".

I also love the "turn on the tap water" gratitude analogy and I'm so grateful for the "luxuries" I have in my daily life. Another reason to try to do something - no matter how small - to help those without such things.

Again, it is an individual choice to do or not do, but for goodness sake, why complain about those trying to do something good??
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Love the "jesus christ on a cracker"... lol.

But, fortunately there are people who care and try to do something for other people. I know you have stated that you don't particularly care for dealings with people so don't worry - the "we" and "us" you refer to doesn't need to include you personally, but others do. Yes, there are MANY hotspots of misery in the world, but -again - kudos to those who try to help - even just a little - instead of just throwing their hands up in the air and saying "there's too many so don't help any".

I also love the "turn on the tap water" gratitude analogy and I'm so grateful for the "luxuries" I have in my daily life. Another reason to try to do something - no matter how small - to help those without such things.

Again, it is an individual choice to do or not do, but for goodness sake, why complain about those trying to do something good??

why complain? For the reason I implied but didn't clearly state: United States government needs to not run to every hotspot of misery and throw dollars at it which may or may not help.In the business of taking on China, I think it is pretty obvious that I have a stake in that matter which could blow up into a conflagration.

If you as private citizen wish to go do something by all means go do something.And, that might be throwing your private dollars at privately funded do-Gooder entities.

why complain? For the reason I implied but didn't clearly state: United States government needs to not run to every hotspot of misery and throw dollars at it which may or may not help.In the business of taking on China, I think it is pretty obvious that I have a stake in that matter which could blow up into a conflagration.

If you as private citizen wish to go do something by all means go do something.And, that might be throwing your private dollars at privately funded do-Gooder entities.
    LOL. Got it, but as the U.S. Government doesn't run to EVERY hotspot of misery in the "damn world", I am happy for those places my country does help. We definitely disagree on this, which is fine.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I think people who look at China and see the future should consider all the facets.

I’m curious who you think those more suitable countries are. Maybe they could assist with China’s colonization efforts in the South China Sea and the National Basketball Association.
    Turkey and the Arab oil countries both have a stronger ethnic connection to the Uighurs than we do, and anti-Muslim sentiment isn't confined to China, as you may have noticed. China has been oppressing all kinds of people, including its ethnic Chinese, for decades.

In a perfect world, the Chinese people would overthrow its government and allow the Uighurs and the people of Hong Kong to live freely. But it's far from a perfect world.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Turkey and the Arab oil countries both have a stronger ethnic connection to the Uighurs than we do, and anti-Muslim sentiment isn't confined to China, as you may have noticed. China has been oppressing all kinds of people, including its ethnic Chinese, for decades.

In a perfect world, the Chinese people would overthrow its government and allow the Uighurs and the people of Hong Kong to live freely. But it's far from a perfect world.
    My original point was that the folks thinking China will steamroll the future don’t take into account their need to tamp down hostile ethnic minorities at home, and keep a lid on Hong Kong and other restive regions. They have also been antagonizing neighbors from India to Vietnam. Their financial system is increasingly burdened by zombie companies and uncollectible loans, and they have tried the patience of trading partners in Europe and North America. Their dependence on imported food and materials is also a vulnerability.

I don’t see them as taking over from a United States crippled by silly politics.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I don’t see them as taking over from a United States crippled by silly politics.
    I agree with some of what you have said, but I don't think it is "silly politics" that is crippling the United States, rather it is the actual differing beliefs and ideas that seem to have ground things to a stop and that is doing the crippling and, may enable China's growth over the U.S.

The Chinese govt probably loves that we are so divided and can't move forward. It irks me no end that much of what I buy is made there.

I think one of his golf junkets to Mar-a-lago at our expense will be "the move". He simply won't go back to DC. Then a moving van will show up at the WH and make the trip with all his shit on it.

A Narcissist cannot do the right thing for the country.

Thread Information