Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Exquisite beauty!

On a simpler note:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/riverv...JakjpZ-2jqro4E

Faux ceramic, from polymer.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Amazing, the cross stich roses! I love juxtaposed artistry—needlework and buildings are great! It reminds me of all the knitted cosies that were around trees the past few years. I never figured out what that was about but they were a lot of them.

I just bought a print of a wee Scottish cottage:

https://www.1stdibs.com/art/prints-w.../id-a_4967532/

OMG LOVE it.

I must say having a "wee hoose" myself, one of the huge downsides from my POV is NO wall space. I had a lot of wall art that I truly loved in my NJ house and nothing fits here. So as much as I love your print, IL, and the leaves that Jane posted, and I'd be tempted to buy something from those artists, they wouldn't fit. Maybe the print would make good greeting cards? Wait, no-one sends greeting cards any more.

I'm thinking of doing something like this. If I did, all my angst about wall paint colors would just disappear.

picture wall.jpg
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I like a well-done gallery wall--or a poorly-done one, if it makes you happy.
    I get tired of the constant "that's in this year" decorating viewpoint constantly foisted on us.

I have a wall that is perfect to fill with gorgeous art works. I promised myself that I would paint them. Covid restrictions will encourage me to follow through. Gardening took my time through the summer or at least that is my excuse.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I have a relatively large living room with zero wall space, as it has three sets of huge sliding glass doors and a fireplace--saved me worrying about it.

I love the leaves. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    OMG LOVE it.

I must say having a "wee hoose" myself, one of the huge downsides from my POV is NO wall space. I had a lot of wall art that I truly loved in my NJ house and nothing fits here. So as much as I love your print, IL, and the leaves that Jane posted, and I'd be tempted to buy something from those artists, they wouldn't fit. Maybe the print would make good greeting cards? Wait, no-one sends greeting cards any more.

I'm thinking of doing something like this. If I did, all my angst about wall paint colors would just disappear.

picture wall.jpg
    I am doing the three rounds in my French bedroom. Hung from a moire ribbonor a silken cord from the picture railing. That seems very French to me. Of course this plan exits only in my mind...

The wee Scottish cottage goes with a different grouping. It is decidedly not
    french!

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I have a wall that is perfect to fill with gorgeous art works. I promised myself that I would paint them. Covid restrictions will encourage me to follow through. Gardening took my time through the summer or at least that is my excuse.
    That sounds exciting, Razz! You will have to share progress and photos once you launch this project!

This thread is marvelous!!! Thank you.

Thread Information