Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What happens if Trump "wins"?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    What an awful thing to say!
    I'm sure I am not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    What an awful thing to say!
    Plus also, I'm not sure it would achieve anything "positive". Highly likely the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Plus also, I'm not sure it would achieve anything "positive". Highly likely the other way around.
    You are probably right. The worthless piece of garbage just needs to be gone. He has caused enough anguish and death.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I'm sure I am not alone.
    I hate to think the desire for immediate gratification regardless of the harm to others is a normal part of civilized discourse. You guys scare me.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    To answer your original question.. the best that could happen is that someone shoots him. We don't need any more chaos and angst because of that assh...e. Democracy truly will be lost.
    Murdering your opposition to preserve democracy?

A friend proposed that Trump may pull off some sort of coup by manipulation of his Republican constituents or legal conniving. My reply was that I think there would be riots. But then again, riots don't seem to be anything new. I'm sure the Patriot Boys would welcome an excuse to quell the rising tumult.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    My reply was that I think there would be riots. But then again, riots don't seem to be anything new. I'm sure the Patriot Boys would welcome an excuse to quell the rising tumult.
    See, that's an undesireable outcome. Various factions engaged in street warfare. Boo hiss!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    See, that's an undesireable outcome. Various factions engaged in street warfare. Boo hiss!
    Yes, it would be undesirable. I could see a side or sides as interpreting things as a threat to the core of our democratic system and election process. That is pretty dear to a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Yes, it would be undesirable. I could see a side or sides as interpreting things as a threat to the core of our democratic system and election process. That is pretty dear to a lot of people.
    Part of our problem is that so many automatically label anything they disapprove of as “a threat to our democracy”. It’s become a sort of reflexive twitch. I think the Republic is sturdier than that.

Yeah--it would just make a martyr out of the old fool.

Thread Information