Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What happens if Trump "wins"?

He's not an opposition in any legitimate sense, he ceased to be that when he lost the election. He's a lame duck and if he attempts to remain in office after that time, he's a man attempting a coup.

You can be upset about the talk but if there is no other way to remove the guy, if votes don't count, then what? If people can not be voted out of office even though he lost despite how stacked the system is (I mean the losses of the popular vote are massive but he still lost), then what does anyone expect? Ballots or bullets. And the coup should be stopped. Biden isn't the one attempting a coup here.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    A lot of them apparently don't know how mail-in balloting works; that ballots aren't just sent to everyone willy-nilly--that you have to be a registered voter to get a ballot application, that ballots must be signature-matched, etc. I agree that voting machines can be manipulated, but that kind of fraud can be watched for, and all our cyber-security people agree there were no signs of that. If he considers Rudy Giuliani (or Trump, for that matter) credible, I have nothing to say to him.
    you are right, I don’t know how ballots by mail work in each state because there are different procedures.

For instance, I wonder how many applications rosa made for her household in order to get the handful of ballots that came.

I made no applications. I was registered to vote. Vote by mail ballots just came in the mail.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    What will be the impacts if Trump somehow manages to "win" this election in a fashion that looks under-the-table?

(By leaning on election board officials to not certify votes, or by bringing state legislators to the White House and lobbying them to appoint a different set of electors than the election results call for, or by Giuliani's crack legal team pulling something extremely incredible off in the higher Courts, or ..."
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Part of our problem is that so many automatically label anything they disapprove of as “a threat to our democracy”. It’s become a sort of reflexive twitch. I think the Republic is sturdier than that.
    So LDAHL you think it is ok to do what Bae suggested trump could try to do?

I would like to think that Biden is lawyering up and calling his marks in, too. When Trump becomes a citizen he will no longer be protected from some of the various legal issues that are developing, although I wouldn't put it past him to pardon himself in advance. That probably adds a little fuel to his fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I hate to think the desire for immediate gratification regardless of the harm to others is a normal part of civilized discourse. You guys scare me.
    How do you justify Putin putting bounties on US troops and trump saying nothing? Talk about harm to others and civilized behavior? Now that is scary! To have a leader to stand for this is unconscionable! The list goes on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    See, that's an undesireable outcome. Various factions engaged in street warfare. Boo hiss!
    So what do you think would be the outcome?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I would like to think that Biden is lawyering up and calling his marks in, too. When Trump becomes a citizen he will no longer be protected from some of the various legal issues that are developing, although I wouldn't put it past him to pardon himself in advance. That probably adds a little fuel to his fight.
    But I don’t think trump can pardon himself from the state of N.Y. lawsuits??

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    So LDAHL you think it is ok to do what Bae suggested trump could try to do?
    I think it takes being a sore loser to new extremes. I think itís ridiculous. But I donít jawboning amounts to a coup attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    you are right, I don’t know how ballots by mail work in each state because there are different procedures.

For instance, I wonder how many applications rosa made for her household in order to get the handful of ballots that came.
    Since we have universal vote-by-mail, my ballot just arrives in my mailbox. At issue were several states that sent applications to those eligible for mail-in ballots, often described by Republicans as "ballots to everybody." You can only vote once, so any clerical errors become moot.

Thread Information