Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What happens if Trump "wins"?

Quote Originally Posted by befree View Post
    If Trump actually achieved overturning the popular vote, and altering what should be the electoral college vote? Then it would mean government "of the people, by the people, and for the people" is dead. This is what I define as the death of democracy, and the beginning of an authoritarian dictatorship.
    But does anyone really think the election is going to be overturned? It didn't work for Gore back in 2000 and it won't work for Trump in 2020, but it is fun to talk about.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    But does anyone really think the election is going to be overturned? It didn't work for Gore back in 2000 and it won't work for Trump in 2020, but it is fun to talk about.
    I don't think it is "fun"... I think it is very sad.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I don't think it is "fun"... I think it is very sad.
    Well, I try not to judge but people do seem to enjoy going on and on about "what if's". Maybe that's sad or maybe it's entertainment, who can say?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Well, I try not to judge but people do seem to enjoy going on and on about "what if's". Maybe that's sad or maybe it's entertainment, who can say?
    I can certainly say that, in my opinion, it is sad.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

I suppose depending on one's perspective this could be considered "fun". Personally I just find it really depressing to learn that Republican politicians across the spectrum are so willing to throw major efforts into voter disenfranchisement in a pathetic and baseless attempt to overturn an election that their shitty candidate lost. The latest to join the lousy unAmericans parade today are Ronna McDaniel, chair of the RNC, the chair of the Michigan GOP, and some random congressdude in Pennsylvania. The whole thing is so hilarious I forgot to laugh.

And to answer your question, yes, 28% of Americans apparently believe that trump actually won.

I wish they had finished counting in Florida (Bush v Gore) before taking the issue to the Supreme Court. We might have avoided the bloodbath that was Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I wish they had finished counting in Florida before taking the issue to the Supreme Court. We might have avoided the bloodbath that was Iraq.
    Trump = deflection by any means versus the truth

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I wish they had finished counting in Florida (Bush v Gore) before taking the issue to the Supreme Court. We might have avoided the bloodbath that was Iraq.
    I'm not certain there was a way to avoid that. When Iraqi Intelligence officials attempted to assassinate Bush 41 and Saddam Hussein's policy of invading other countries and even making war against Iraqi citizens, not to mention the continued violation of UN Sanctions and refusing to allow Weapons Inspectors into the country, it seemed to most that conflict was inevitable.

And yet again, over 30 times now, the ugly anti American assholes got swatted down. Hopefully this ugly episode in American history will finally and truly be over on Monday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/21/u...t-ballots.html

I'm not certain there was a way to avoid that. When Iraqi Intelligence officials attempted to assassinate Bush 41 and Saddam Hussein's policy of invading other countries and even making war against Iraqi citizens, not to mention the continued violation of UN Sanctions and refusing to allow Weapons Inspectors into the country, it seemed to most that conflict was inevitable.
    There were more than a few of us that thought not. Of course "He tried to kill my daddy!' trumped not having WMD.

Thread Information