Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What happens if Trump "wins"?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    There were more than a few of us that thought not. Of course "He tried to kill my daddy!' trumped not having WMD.
    I wonder how many of those "more than a few" followed the John Kerry path of being for it before they were against it? I also wonder if the "he tried to kill my daddy" and "Bush lied, people died" memes weren't designed by the political class to minimize the danger Saddam Hussein posed to the world and influence future voters? If so, it worked pretty well since that seems to be the only thing most people remember about that period.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

The 10,000 protesters I marched with in Seattle before the inevitable war were pretty clear-eyed about it before the fact. There were a few in Congress, too. Lamentably, far too few.

Well, it appears that the attempted coup is not going to succeed. But team trump isn’t going quietly. Now we have his lawyer calling for the execution of a public servant. Can someone try again to explain to me how any of this is ok? Every day the farcical claims by some that they were more worried about a Biden administration than a second trump one become more and more not believable.

Thread Information