Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Well thought out reminders

My dad's friend knew Biden very well, worked with him, and said he's a good man.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Of course, he is a republican. What democrats have you voted for?
    Only two, I voted for Jimmy Carter in the 1976 Presidential race and Jesse Jackson in the 1988 Presidential primaries. I've matured since then.

Edited to add: I guess you could say my second vote for Kasich was also a Democratic vote, I just didn't know it and he's never admitted it. He gets more press as a progressive Republican than he could ever generate as a moderate.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    ...I voted for Jimmy Carter in the 1976 Presidential race...
    You voted for Ldahl's most hated president! I guess team red aren't all alike after all!

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    You voted for Ldahl's most hated president! I guess team red aren't all alike after all!
    No one hated Carter, he just wasn't a very good President. As conservatives, we're more likely to feel sorry for incompetence than hate.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Name all of the Democratic candidates thru Bill Clinton’s second term and that is who I voted for.

I cannot remember for sure, but I think it was the Clinton II chapter that I did not support. Either that or I switched for GW Bush.

The feds had fkd my neighborhood pretty strongly by then, and I had had enough. Seeing my flower garden, land I own, displayed on a fed-created map showing places to build public housing was the final straw.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Interestingly, many times you stick up for trump but then say you despise him??
    Well, when you say that the best thing that could happen is that someone shoot him, can’t I think both Trump and you are ridiculous? If I say Trump’s an embarrassment, but he’s no Hitler, is that sticking up for him?

I just don’t see much difference between you and Trump when it comes to overheated rhetoric. Why take either of two nonsensical sides?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    No one hated Carter, he just wasn't a very good President. As conservatives, we're more likely to feel sorry for incompetence than hate.
    You must feel super sorry for Trump. His incompetence regarding covid has been profound. Even a modestly competent response would have likely resulted in his reelection.

But seriously , you may be correct. Perhaps ldahl only came to hate carter post presidency. It will be interesting to see how trump lives post presidency. Perhaps he’ll give ldahl a new failed president to earn the title of most awful since it seems unlikely that trump is going to quietly go back to his ranch and spend his days ‘clearing brush’ like W.

Generally it is pretty rational to believe a leader when they say they intend a coup. However in Trump's case he is likely just grifting.

I usually vote 3rd party as my vote doesn't count as I don't live in a swing state, but I had enough, I just wanted to rack up the popular vote total against Trump. Mission accomplished.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    You must feel super sorry for Trump. His incompetence regarding covid has been profound. Even a modestly competent response would have likely resulted in his reelection.

But seriously , you may be correct. Perhaps ldahl only came to hate carter post presidency. It will be interesting to see how trump lives post presidency. Perhaps he’ll give ldahl a new failed president to earn the title of most awful since it seems unlikely that trump is going to quietly go back to his ranch and spend his days ‘clearing brush’ like W.
    All I ask of ex-presidents is that they shut up. Even Obama has pretty well managed that; although I sometimes wonder how many autobiographies one man needs to write.

I do agree that Trump has the potential to be every bit as annoying as Carter.

Carter has lived a exemplary life of service to others that few can match. I am glad that Obama is finally speaking out against Trump and his worthless administration. I was disappointed that Bush didn’t endorse Biden like many prominent Republicans.

Thread Information