Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doppelgangers

Doppelgangers

I'm starting this whole thread because the news is reporting that Biden is considering Janet Yellen as Treasury Secretary. Janet Yellen is my Scottish MIL's doppelgänger. They could be twins. I've always thought so, and her picture on the front page of the Times reinforced it. Crazy.

Back in the 80s, I worked at Macy's and I can't tell you how many customers told me I looked like Jill Clayburgh, so I guess she is mine.

How about you? So, who is your doppelgänger?

ETA: Pics of my MIL and Janet Yellen:

IMG_1151.jpg Yellen_Janet_PROMO-200x300.jpg
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Michelle Pfeiffer.

hahaha......hahahahaha.....hahahaha and if you believe that I have a bridge...
    I suppose, Kathy Bates. Years ago when we played this game, my friend kindly said mine was Stockard
    Channing.

Some years ago I walked into a restaurant and the hostess did a double take, saying I look like Tony soprano’s shrink played by the actress Lorraine Branco.

I don’t think I look like Bracco but there’s something to it because she reminds me of my mother so there must be some resemblance.

All my life, people I meet say I remind them of someone but not sure who. Girl next door...Was also told more than once in my 20s that I looked like Faye Dunaway or Penelope Tree as I have an angular face.

As a teenager and into my 20's I was a gangly kid with thick unruly hair. People swore I was the spitting image of Leo Sayer, but personally I never saw it.

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Sue Lyon, Sylvie Vartan, and--for some unknown reason--Bonnie Raitt (had to be the dimples) I look like none of them. I would have made a good spy; I have perfectly regular features, and a forgettable face.

Twenty years or more years ago I had co-workers who said I very much resembled Dick Enberg, the sports announcer. He's a couple of decades my senior and since he got old and then died I think the resemblance has ended. I still look the same (ha ha).

Brian Blessed in his younger days

All my life, people I meet say I remind them of someone but not sure who
    Me too. Whenever I have travelled, people have said hello as if they know me. I have that every woman look apparently.

A lovely woman I worked with closely for several years told me excitedly one day that she had met my absolute double! My doppelganger was a kindergarten teacher she had met at her grandchild's school play, and apparently this woman and I even had similar mannerisms, etc. My co-worker said she had even taken pictures, and she would bring them in once developed (yes, quite a few years back). To make a long, sad story short, my co-worker got sick and died and I never saw the pictures.

Yppej
    When I was a teen people used to tell me Marcia in the Brady Bunch.

Thread Information