Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thanksgiving Adjusted for COVID-19

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Thanksgiving always was the holiday I could do without, and I've done so (thankfully) for years. I'll be making a pizza.

And as I watched the news and saw the horrifying animation of planes in flight for the holidays--looking like a large swarm of bees--I resigned myself to hunkering even farther into my burrow. And this morning, headlines announced that Washington had surpassed records for COVID infections and deaths. Pass the chili seeds.
    Same here. Newspaper headlines today... Record 104 deaths in one day here.... Didn't read to see infections. Happy to stay home.

It will be DH, DD (21) and me for dinner tomorrow. I'll make a brunch and then a lasagne for later in the day. I bought an apple pie from a local lady who makes FABULOUS pies. DS is going with his GF to her family. I totally expected it, but it kind of made me sad, too. I adore her and I understand this is the way of sons and almost DILs (and COVID).
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

This is the first "canceled" Thanksgiving in my family's history. It feels a little strange, but since my mother is very high risk, nothing else really makes sense. Like someone else above, I also don't eat a lot of meat, but today was always an exception. I also bought a Tofurkey roast, but we'll see if I have the ambition to actually make it. Otherwise, just the wife and me at home doing whatever we want to do.

To better days!

I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. -- Maya Angelou

This was our first zoom Thanksgiving. Not everyone was there, but we got to SEE them!! It was great. The biggest problem is taking turns talking...never our strong suit. I am capable of hearing and responding to at least 3 different table conversations at once, having been raised with talkers. We adapted! I'm ready to do more Zoom get togethers.

Well I ended up doing two OUTDOOR gatherings: one Thursday and one Friday, one was me and bf and 4 others but all very seriously distanced (we even took turns getting food). One me and bf and two others (already in a bubble) distanced (taking turns getting food).
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    This was our first zoom Thanksgiving. Not everyone was there, but we got to SEE them!! It was great. The biggest problem is taking turns talking...never our strong suit. I am capable of hearing and responding to at least 3 different table conversations at once, having been raised with talkers. We adapted! I'm ready to do more Zoom get togethers.
    LOL. We have the same "issues" with my family.

Had a nice immediate family only Thanksgiving. Even got everyone around the table for the meal (unusual due to schedules the last few years!) and a couple hours of Texas Hold 'em Poker! It was great fun - especially since everyone bet from the same penny jar and the winnings all ended up back in the jar. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I succeeded in buying nothing - And now need to think of stocking stuffers for extended family that can but purchased and mailed in time for Christmas
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information