Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Happy Thanksgiving!

Just like I said, Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. I am feeling grateful this year in spite of how bizarre 2020 has been. Roof overhead, food on table, people who care about me near me, and I'm working again and didn't even take a pay cut.

Can't complain one bit - and I.am skilled at complaining, I admit this. We are making a combo dinner of chicken mole and my Moroccan vegetarian stew. We are also wearing our infamous impeachment outfits today - to celebrate the tide turning and Arizona turning blue.

Working this morning but will be home around noon to one PM. Will be a good day, I can feel it. Rob

Oh come on Rob, impeachment outfit pictures please! You cannot just tease us with these references!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well.

Yppej
    Happy Thanksgiving to the both of you, and everyone else here who has interacted with me in a spirit of collegiality, even if you don't always agree with me.

This year I am thankful to be alive, and next year I hope to be thankful that I am allowed to assess my own health risks and act accordingly, and to have my civil liberties restored.

I am grateful for the many gifts that I cannot possibly hope to deserve; very few of which have anything to do with politics.

LOL. No innuendos, slights, or back-handed thankfulness - just a sincere wish to all for a Happy Thanksgiving.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I am grateful for the many gifts that I cannot possibly hope to deserve; very few of which have anything to do with politics.
    haha!! Well, if true gratitude is being grateful for the good as well the bad, we can be very grateful for this year in politics.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Chicken mole--my absolute favorite Mexican food, hands down!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. As many have pointed out, it's been a dumpster fire year and it's not over yet, but things are looking up. Please stay safe and enjoy the feast you've chosen!

I am grateful that we are well. Despite my friends in Wisconsin totally isolating for 8 months they caught the virus. She survived and her husband died last night. They have no clue where they got it since haven’t seen their kids, grandchildren, etc. It had to be the grocery store. Another couple locally both have it. Glad we started lockdown at our house 2 weeks ago. I can’t wait to get the vaccine.

Wow. Very sad to hear that story about your friends. My parents have also isolated themselves and only do curbside pickup and necessary medical appointments. So we've canceled the holiday for very good reasons.

Despite everything, try to have a happy one, everyone! And also remember the Wampanoag on this day!

Many things to be thankful for here too. Health, companionship and enough of everything. Know others who have food insecurities and have a card and money ready for them. It is heartbreaking. Also, know many in my community that have had COVID. Have been social isolating since March (only getting groceries every 3 weeks) and have only ordered one take out meal once since March. Just hope it is a mild winter.

TT-- sorry to hear about your friends. Very sad.

Thread Information