Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Buy Nothing Day!

Happy Buy Nothing Day!

LOL. I tend to celebrate this today instead of rushing out for "black friday sales" or anything else. I try, anyway. LOL.

It is also:

Maize Day
    National Day of Listening
    National Flossing Day
    National Native American Heritage Day
    You're Welcomegiving Day
    National Bavarian Cream Pie Day
    National Craft Jerky Day

It's a very busy day!!! Hope everyone has a great one!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I have never done the Black Friday rush in retail stores, but I do sometimes make an exception for online. Seems silly, if I'm going to buy something anyway, not to take a few minutes in the comfort of my own home to save money.

We had a wonderful day yesterday. Today is equally wonderful, with nothing that has to get done.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I’ve never bought Black Friday stuff because generally I don’t buy electronics and everything else new in the store is pretty boring.

Now if they have black Friday sales in the vintage or antique stores well then—maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I’ve never bought Black Friday stuff because generally I don’t buy electronics and everything else new in the store is pretty boring.

Now if they have black Friday sales in the vintage or antique stores well then—maybe.
    Yeah, I did break the Buy Nothing Day thing by buying a few more Corelle dishes in that 70's pattern, but I will stay home today away from stores because they might be more crowded than usual, and I don't need the exposure.

Bought see’s candy online for my friend that just lost her husband and my aunt whose 95. Decided not to wait for Xmas to send to my aunt as she is 95.

I'll snap up a bargain when it fits into things, but have never gone out of the way for black Friday. I buy some gifts, shoes, and clothes online from REI and they have some good sales in the Holiday season.

I confess I bought an adjustable temperature electric kettle on Amazon's Black Friday sale.
    I find the idea of artisan jerky intriguing...

I usually am very committed to buying nothing the day after T-Day, but this year we needed to do our grocery shopping, so I did also take advantage of a good online offer from Land's End to get some sweatpants for DH.

I did invest in a set of tie-dye masks for my favorite old hippie relative--a Christmas present. We're all old now.

Buying some supplies for work. Friends son, moved to hospice for end stages of brain cancer. If the kid has a craving, multiple of us are buying lunch/supper/the craving. (who ever is closer) No one should watch their kid die, even worse, with all the family this man has lost.

Other then that, buying gas and if I see a longer, inexpensive, USB C cord, I would like that so the phone can sit more securely on the headboard. (or I add it to my Amazon filler list)
    If it weren't for those, I would stay home all day.

Thread Information