Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Buy Nothing Day!

Truthfully if I don't want to celebrate a holiday I mostly just don't. And well black Friday is not actually a holiday of course, it's an "unofficial holiday". But I ignore things I want nothing to do with, pretty much, neither do them nor go out of my way to avoid them. So I just went about life (that is I had thanksgiving day 2). I am now done with thanksgiving after 2 days of it with different people. A meat thermometer died, so got a new one, ergo I did not "buy nothing", but turkey breast was cooked perfectly, I also bought gas. I got in on a black friday special family was doing of some rather pricey fish from Alaska that I owe them for, so there is that.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Buying some supplies for work. Friends son, moved to hospice for end stages of brain cancer. If the kid has a craving, multiple of us are buying lunch/supper/the craving. (who ever is closer) No one should watch their kid die, even worse, with all the family this man has lost.
    That is so nice of you and those friends. I'm so sorry for this family. You are right, no one should watch their child die.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Truthfully if I don't want to celebrate a holiday I mostly just don't. And well black Friday is not actually a holiday of course, it's an "unofficial holiday". But I ignore things I want nothing to do with, pretty much, neither do them nor go out of my way to avoid them. So I just went about life (that is I had thanksgiving day 2). I am now done with thanksgiving after 2 days of it with different people. A meat thermometer died, so got a new one, ergo I did not "buy nothing", but turkey breast was cooked perfectly, I also bought gas. I got in on a black friday special family was doing of some rather pricey fish from Alaska that I owe them for, so there is that.
    That is a perfect holiday philosophy!

Thread Information