Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fun masks

Fun masks

So with all the covid cases ramping up locally, and seeming the number of older people I see, not wearing masks, also seeming to ramp up, I looked a while back and decided to look again, at/for fun masks.

I think in another post, I mentioned seeing the mask cover that was the facehugger from Alien.
    Almost bought one that looked like Chain mail or some computer ones for a sibling.
    Saw a guy wearing one that looked like it was made from his wife's panties in one store.
    Ball gag face mask on Halloween. Talk about staring and laughing.
    Favorite so far, is the Hannibal Lecter mask.

Thinking of making one with velcro on the outside, so fake beards (ZZ top, Santa), could be attached.

Wondering what masks have made you smile.

Yppej
    At my old job site we had a mannequin wearing work clothing we sell and someone put a Batman mask on it. One day the lines were long, and a counter guy called on a customer. The customer pointed to the mannequin and said, "This guy's been waiting longer than me."

We all had a good laugh over that. But I would say fun mask is an oxymoron.

I am so glad that most people locally are wearing masks. My hometown in Wisconsin has gone down the shit tube between trumpers and anti maskers. My friends aren’t happy and one is dead despite 8 months of isolation.

Just walked home from exercise and 6 people walked by me. None were wearing masks and they were evenly divided between young family with child and three older (grey hair) people.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Just walked home from exercise and 6 people walked by me. None were wearing masks and they were evenly divided between young family with child and three older (grey hair) people.
    I assume you were wearing one? If so, good for you for protecting both yourself and them.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Some fabric artists have made patchwork "plague masks." https://totallythebomb.com/heres-a-f...ue-doctor-mask

Also, there was an artist painting realistic lower-face portraits on COVID masks. I think I posted a link a couple of weeks ago.

I love that so many people are making the best of the entire situation and being so fun and creative!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I made the mistake of going to get takeout at a bar /restaurant in Hermann that’s pretty “down-home.” No one in the place was wearing a face mask. I backed up as much as I could from them, wearing my face mask. I gave my order, and then left the restaurant and walked around for 15 minutes while they prepared it. Then I darted back in to grab it.

But I won’t be going back there, it was too crowded and no facemasks UGG.

Meanwhile, I ran through two stores earlier in the day and both stores required facemasks. Also, they were quiet and not crowded and I didn’t worry much about being in them.

One of the employees at the safeway across the street from our old place in the city had a mask that was black with a ginormous smile of white teeth. Every time I saw him it made me chuckle. My sister in law has made me some fun ones. My favorite is one with a printed cloth pattern of cartoon cats all over it. I get compliments on it pretty much every time I wear it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I love that so many people are making the best of the entire situation and being so fun and creative!
    Indeed. Early on in this a friend of ours who works at a bank commented that it was somewhat ironic that now in order to come into her place of employment everyone HAD to wear a mask, which is of course the opposite of how it was in pre-covid times. But this post included a picture of her with a mask that was a pile of money which somehow seemed oddly perfect for a bank manager.

Thread Information