Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Christmas

Merry Christmas, everyone. Wishing everyone a day of happiness and joy.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Merry Christmas to all. Here’s hoping the coming year will be less horrible.

Have a great Xmas everyone!

Happy holidays, my SLF friends. I definitely prefer the peaceful low-key holidays (although certainly not the covid part). We've been doing it this way for the past several years, so we don't need a pandemic to accomplish this. Hanging out with DH and having rack of lamb with salad for supper. DH baked cookies today and we dropped some off to Mom, who was happy to see us, and she is always happy to see cookies. It's almost 60 degrees here, although rainy and dreary.

LDAHL: I'm even going to go so far as to hope that 2021 is a very good year! Maybe it's just the chardonnay talking.

We survived Christmas!

Happy Boxing Day.

All-in-all, it was a nice Christmas. Even had fun with the grab bag over skype. (Theme was "whimsy" and I'm getting a new couch pillow of a giraffe wearing glasses. )
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    All-in-all, it was a nice Christmas. Even had fun with the grab bag over skype. (Theme was "whimsy" and I'm getting a new couch pillow of a giraffe wearing glasses. )
    How did this grab bag idea work? Sounds like a fun idea. My family and I had our first family FaceTime since now we all have an Apple product for making it possible. I used my iPhone and forgot to flip it back and to hold it at the proper angle - some learning process involved. I am so tempted to buy an iPad but cannot make up my mind between an iPad10 (2020) and an iPad Air 2020.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I learned I can survive Christmas with five bodies' worth of people and presents and food and two dogs in a 680 sq ft house.

We had a wonderful time, and really sacrificed nothing except for the presence of a few other family members due to COVID.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    How did this grab bag idea work? Sounds like a fun idea. My family and I had our first family FaceTime since now we all have an Apple product for making it possible. I used my iPhone and forgot to flip it back and to hold it at the proper angle - some learning process involved. I am so tempted to buy an iPad but cannot make up my mind between an iPad10 (2020) and an iPad Air 2020.
    Actually, it was pretty easy. Being the organizer, I pulled names of participants out of a hat and assigned each person a number - people only knew their number, not anyone else's (except me, of course). Each person wrapped their gift and took a photo of it with their number visible. All photos were sent to me and put together into a single photo showing all the numbered gifts. That photo of all the gifts was then sent out to each participant. When we got together on skype, I again pulled names from a hat and the person picked the number of the gift from the photo. The next person had the option to "steal" the already selected gift or choose another number. We did this until everyone had a gift.

We offered the option to have the gifts opened - thereby revealing who bought which gift - or just mailing the gifts to the recipients and letting them open when they received them. Hopefully my explanation doesn't sound complicated as it was really easy and worked out well. It was fun to continue on that holiday event even though we weren't in the same room.

Happy, that sounds fun. We have done that in person and sometimes after it’s over people trade gifts.

Thread Information