Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas

Rosa, I didn't say anything yet because we still hadn't see it. It finally closed (looked like it wouldn't briefly) and husband took a trailer of stuff out so that when we make the move, we will be able to be out there until all the stuff arrives.
    He says it's great but I still haven't seen it, and he's not back yet to tell me about it, so I'll report more when I have a better idea--I just didn't really know what to say yet, since everything is so up in the air and I still haven't seen the house in person.

His first comment was that the air smelled incredible--he kept talking about how fresh the mountain air was. He arrived there Thanksgiving night in the pitch dark, so it was pretty stressful, and hard to even find it.

I'll give more details when I have them, thanks for asking!

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post

Tybee - first holidays in a new house is exciting! Have fun.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    That is so cool!!! Nothing will make you feel more at home in your new home than your Christmas decorations. I'm getting mine from New Jersey and making the most of them.
    Can you get a smallish live tree and then plant it in your yard for an evergreen fence?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Can you get a smallish live tree and then plant it in your yard for an evergreen fence?
    I was thinking about that! I almost bought a small spruce at the local gardening nursery, because I could use a 4 ft tree in the garden I'm developing, but I never did. Maybe I'll see if I can find something suitable.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Our little tree is up and lit but not decorated yet. DW got a second tree she wants to put up (same size, already has lights on it and I'm sure we have enough ornaments for a few more trees beside this one) so that will find a spot. The rest of the garland and Christmassy candles and such will appear sometime this week, I'm sure. That's DW's department.

Christmas shopping is done for pretty much everyone (DW likes to get an early start); I would like to pick up another small gift or two for DW to observe the day. We agreed that, rather than gifts for each other, we'd each get a small splurge on the remodeling/updating we're doing next year (think nicer flooring or an upgrade on bath fixtures; ain't we romantic??).

We'd like to send out cards, but it hasn't been a good year for pictures, so ... who knows? I hear New Years' cards are A Thing. Right?

Social plans are up in the air. My family really doesn't celebrate. DW's does, but with one of the sisters recently passed on and great-grandma in assisted living and (likely) not available for day visits, and with grandchild #3 being the big unknown, plans are up in the air. Hey, Christmas is almost a full month away. We've got time...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I quit sending Xmas cards about 15 years ago. I greatly downsized my decorations a few years ago and with no one coming over don’t know if I will decorate at all. My son is still living with us so will probably make lasagna for dinner on Xmas. My stepson has Covid so fairly safe to have him over also. Tybee, can’t wait to hear about the new house once you get there.

TT: I don't understand this part, "My stepson has Covid so fairly safe to have him over also."

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Rosa, I didn't say anything yet because we still hadn't see it. It finally closed (looked like it wouldn't briefly) and husband took a trailer of stuff out so that when we make the move, we will be able to be out there until all the stuff arrives.
    He says it's great but I still haven't seen it, and he's not back yet to tell me about it, so I'll report more when I have a better idea--I just didn't really know what to say yet, since everything is so up in the air and I still haven't seen the house in person.

His first comment was that the air smelled incredible--he kept talking about how fresh the mountain air was. He arrived there Thanksgiving night in the pitch dark, so it was pretty stressful, and hard to even find it.

I'll give more details when I have them, thanks for asking!
    Wow, you must be in such a state of suspense! I look forward to details and so glad things are finally falling into place for you!

Tybee, so glad that your housing concerns are being resolved. It is a stressful time but now you can look forward to saying,"Whew, glad that is over!"
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I suspect he will be out of quarantine and negative by Christmas.

Thread Information