Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: December Purge

Thanks!

Got the car sold.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

That’s great Becky!

Congratulations on the car, Beckyliz!
    I decluttered a pile of magazines that I was saving due to various articles of interest. Some of them were as much as 15 years old! It turned out I just needed to keep a few pages and the magazines all went into the recycling bin.

My donation pickup earlier in the month never happened. We've used this place before, but when I called and checked about the pickup, the individual told me the driver went by and nothing was out. The stuff is supposed to be out by 7 am and we had this stuff out at 6 am. Sigh... either the driver went to the wrong place or just didn't....

So, with no rescheduled date, I have two bins and two bags of stuff sitting in the family room.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

More books in dump bin of course The big snow storm blew a lot into the porch and got some boxes there. That will generate various flea market items going to the dump, probably tomorrow.

The egg scale and coffee grinder sold really quick! I also took a German silver runner on net that was my Victorian grandmothers. She had a mansion. I don't have a need for a 6' table runner. It's gorgeous, but has been in a drawer since I was a kid. What do I need it for? Hopefully, someone will fall in love with it and offer me something... for it.

We have other pieces we've set aside to sell on ebay or whatever. Decided how to sell one of those today and where.

DH is working on the baking cabinet. Seems like it will also hold the pots and pans or the colander collection. Because of all the farm food I buy, we have a lot of colanders, strainers, etc.

Slowly, but surely, this place is being transformed into a location where we can live in our dotage, safely and as with as much ease as possible. There's less stuff every week and more room.

I took apart the planned dining room rug, it had been planned when I thought we were keeping the bigger table and putting it in the middle of the room. I had stitched 3 Crate & Barrel rugs together, had it all done but the border. The middle rug is in the kitchen and the 2 remaining yellow rugs will be stitched together for the now smaller dining room. Sometimes to make progress, you just have to tear things apart!

Great progress Newgig!

I totaled all 2020 year household sales which are all donations to Lafayette Park Conservancy: $1,085.

Ebay sales were $460 where I sold dolls, books, and jewelry. The rest of it was stemware I sold to a friend and had him send the check to the LPC.

After the new year begins, I’ll start up ebay sales again but if I can eke out another $500 in sales, I will be surprised. More likely $150. I’m concentrating only on the things that are easy to ship so they have to be books or something small.

Great progress, newgig!

I sold a first edition adult book for a song, and should have done more research. I now see they are bringing $299 -$399 on eBay. My copy sold within the first 10 minutes for $25. I think mine was in Good+++ condition but it had obviously been read. I liked it because verso of title page did say “1st edition.” Otherwise I would not have known necessarily that it was a first although this book probably was not produced in subsequent editions.

Anyway I’m now rambling but I could’ve got more money for it oh well.I want fast sale, will not keep these books around for months. I like to think that a bookseller got it and will make some bucks on my copy. Booksellers don’t make much money these days.

What I wanted for Christmas:

DH to help me go through a corner of our huge kitchen which has become a storage area! This will generate a lot of things for the antique booth, dump, etc.

Thread Information