Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calmer?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Calmer?

Does it seem to anyone else that now Elections are over and perhaps effective vaccines are not far off - does it seem that the overall tone of life is a little calmer, a little less strident? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Does it seem to anyone else that now Elections are over and perhaps effective vaccines are not far off - does it seem that the overall tone of life is a little calmer, a little less strident? Rob
    I almost see the opposite - this "I was robbed" drumbeat from Trump & Friends, along with the GOPs refusal to step up and behave, don't really inspire calm and confidence. I worry things are escalating.

Well, I have enough food, water, medical supplies, books, ammo, and chili peppers to survive a few years while y'all sort this out over on the mainland. Good luck to you.

Seems less B&Ming and not my president from the left.
    Now from the Republican side, most I know, just say nothing we can do about it now, with the exception of the guy at the top, who once said he was a Democrat.
    This has been sent around:
    yallgot.jpeg

Hysterics will always find reasons to wax hysterical. If you don’t get a bloody putsch, spin frivolous lawsuits into a coup attempt.

It does seem that the media has switched to making soothing noises. We will hear less about “breaking norms” and more about “transformative change”; less about “resistance” and more about “obstruction”.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Hysterics will always find reasons to wax hysterical. If you don’t get a bloody putsch, spin frivolous lawsuits into a coup attempt.

It does seem that the media has switched to making soothing noises. We will hear less about “breaking norms” and more about “transformative change”; less about “resistance” and more about “obstruction”.
    I am happier if the media is more soothing than screaming. Now if they could just let go of their Covid Covid Covid coverage every other second I might actually listen to them again.

I gotta say, hearing Flynn recommend the President institute martial law and force a re-vote (ostensibly we will make you vote until we get the answer we want) scares the crap out of me. In the old days, I would just think this is some flake way out there, and dismissed it without a second thought But now with the Republicans mostly quiet about Trump's assertions of fraud, I think this could get some traction.

I feel the same way herbgeek. Used to think we had checks and balances, but our McConnell Senate has proven they have only concern for their careers, not the good of the country or the people.

I think people have come to the conclusion that we are better off with NO PRESIDENT which in many ways we have right now, than with Trump. So we're dropping like flies in a pandemic, and the economy is in shambles, and noone is at the wheel. Still better off in this no president lame duck vacuum, as at least it's not making everything even worse the way more active Trump involvement always does.
    Trees don't grow on money

What authority does Flynn have to make anything happen?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    What authority does Flynn have to make anything happen?
    None, but his words only encourage the Commander in Chief.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information