Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you, Alan

Thank you, Alan

Thank you Alan for providing this site for us to get together each day.

You haven’t chimed in much in recent days and I’m a little worried about that. I think people were pretty hard on you in a recent post.

I doubt that you are sitting in a corner crying about our President leaving.

No worries, I'm sitting here fat and pretty, just haven't found much of interest to comment on lately. It has nothing to do with being taken to task for valuing life, after 15 or more years here I'm accustomed to that.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Yes, thank you, Alan.

I'm so glad that this site is so unlike Facebook, in that most of the time we can debate reasonably intelligently and still really like and respect each other. I hope it always stays that way.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

This is my favorite forum and I realize it would not be possible without you Alan. Thanks so much!!

I agree. I was just going to post today how much I value this group and it is the place I look forward to seeing intelligent and compassionate discussions. It is my sane place to land.

Thanks, Alan.
    Thanks, everyone.

Thanks, Alan.
    Thanks, everyone.
    +1

I also check out the Mr. Money Mustache forum each day. Pete, Mr. Money mustache, it’s making huge bucks, I mean giant money, on that site. That is not the case for Alan.

I, too, thoroughly enjoy this forum. It is the only one I visit every day. I feel as if the people here are sensible and generally kind. Even deep disagreements are treated with respect. Alan, I cannot imagine what is involved in keeping this forum going, so thank you for your work.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I also check out the Mr. Money Mustache forum each day. Pete, Mr. Money mustache, it’s making huge bucks, I mean giant money, on that site. That is not the case for Alan.
    I get emails fairly regularly from folks interested in providing us affiliate ads and other sponsored content for our site. I've also been contacted by two different groups interested in buying the site in hopes of monetizing it. I ignore them because I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one not interested in navigating through ads here. I see this as more of a hobby site than a business.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information