Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When Free is not free - Online Photo Storage ideas

Thanks for posting this thread, Gella, it has been very helpful to me. Right now I am paying for Apple cloud storage due to the number of photos as it got above the free 5GB. I need to pay attention to this.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Actually read the terms of service. I would bet you are offering them a royalty free right to do whatever they want with the photographs, so yes, in some terms they own the photo's and can do what they like with them.
    The old axiom: When you are not paying for the product, you are the product.

I, too, have had to suddenly download gigabytes of pictures when a cloud service went down. Most times I had notice. Other times I had backups. I would be pretty confident that Apple (iCloud), Google (Drive), and Microsoft (OneDrive) will offer their services for some time to come and will offer plenty of notice if they close down. But they, too, reserve the rights to use your images promotionally.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Geila
    Has anyone used Adobe Lightroom CC? From my limited research it seems to offer everything I want plus a lot of stuff I don't need. But it checks all my boxes and looks like it would be fun to use. The price is on the high side, $99 per year, but I would keep access to my albums even if I end the subscription. It would be cool to make some of my photos into artwork, mainly pet photos as mementos. I dislike framed pictures on the wall, but I like the canvas posters you can have made from photos. They offer a 7-day free trial to check it out.

To Steve's point - I like the clarity of knowing I'm paying for the product.

Thread Information