Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let’s make fun of furniture manuafacturers

All right, I will make myself let go of this obsession, but I have more one more thing to add about Old Hickory Tannery company.

I went to their website. They emphasize that they troll alleys and attics to find inspiration for their”classic” pieces. And here’s a picture on the website that is supposed to promote their product.This is so ridiculous it seems like a parody. This photo looks like furniture poor people set out in their yards.

E9651080-4704-4166-8953-5DB7E2098A1D.jpgis!

E9651080-4704-4166-8953-5DB7E2098A1D.jpg

I have seen that first and second sofa at the thrift I swear, granted a higher end consignment store type thrift tends to carry pieces like that, too nice for The Goodwill or Salvation Army, but a thrift still. If it's one's type of thing and I don't find it ugly just not my style, it's ok for high end thrift store prices.
    Trees don't grow on money

I agree, IL, but DD/SIL aesthetic is not too far different. They have a lamp that they LOVE--I wish I had a picture of it. The lamp is a porcelain sculpture of a horse reared up on its hind legs and the shade is the very recognizable 60-s kind--very wide and same width top and bottom. I'm anxious to hear what they say about your pics.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

My cats would LOVE hiding under that chair with the fringes at the bottom. Or at least they would until they'd removed all of them. I had, way back when, one of those huge overstuffed 30s sofas with the big fringes around the bottom (like this, only maroon) https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/se...a/id-f_836013/
    It was right dangerous to try to get out of, because it was cat central, and they LOVED swiping at ankles through the fringe. But at least it was a FREE sofa!!

There's some uggglllyy expensive stuff out there!

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    My cats would LOVE hiding under that chair with the fringes at the bottom. Or at least they would until they'd removed all of them.
    ROTFL, em!!!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    All right, I will make myself let go of this obsession, but I have more one more thing to add about Old Hickory Tannery company.

I went to their website. They emphasize that they troll alleys and attics to find inspiration for their”classic” pieces. And here’s a picture on the website that is supposed to promote their product.This is so ridiculous it seems like a parody. This photo looks like furniture poor people set out in their yards.

E9651080-4704-4166-8953-5DB7E2098A1D.jpgis!

E9651080-4704-4166-8953-5DB7E2098A1D.jpg

I wish this image was SO much bigger. That first chair, reminds me of Archie Bunker's chair. Now bring me a beer dingbat. LOL

Thread Information