Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Air fryer oven - recipes needed

I looked up air fryer onion rings, and found a lot of recipes that seem to require batter. You might check into those to see how your recipe stacks up.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I would like to know how this thing does with samosas and egg rolls.

If it cant do a decent job on those, it remains a hard pass for me. If I can dump the deep fat fryer sitting in my fridge which stays there for year and I use it only 1x every 18 months—ok, i might buy an air fryer.
    My guess is that egg rolls will not be great because they will likely come out crispy. But I’ll look for a recipe. Although they take a lot of work I do love a good egg roll.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    My guess is that egg rolls will not be great because they will likely come out crispy. But I’ll look for a recipe. Although they take a lot of work I do love a good egg roll.
    Well there are egg rolls (that I think are supposed to be crisp) and Spring rolls, that aren't necessarily:

https://www.differencebetween.com/di...s-spring-roll/

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Well there are egg rolls (that I think are supposed to be crisp) and Spring rolls, that aren't necessarily:

https://www.differencebetween.com/di...s-spring-roll/
    yes. Egg rolls are deep fat fried, speing rolls are rolled up in a softened wrap.

I was actually thinking of dumplings. Egg rolls might actually work pretty well.

I grab those egg rolls that Sam's Club sells. Been quite happy with them in the air fryer of my late friend. Not sure if the air fryer is staying or going, but if it goes, I plan on gettting a different style that I believe will fit the kitchen layout better.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I was actually thinking of dumplings. Egg rolls might actually work pretty well.
    Depending on the dumpling, those might work better in an Instant Pot.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Depending on the dumpling, those might work better in an Instant Pot.
    Is an Instant pot, what we here, have always called a crock pot, or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Is an Instant pot, what we here, have always called a crock pot, or something else?
    An Instant Pot is a pressure cooker, slow cooker, saute pot, steamer and so on. I bought both my daughters and their DH's an IP and they all really like them. There is a 6 or 8 qt large one and I bought myself a 3qt. I also bought the lid to use it as a slow cooker/crock pot. I recently saw on Amazon where one can use a different lid and have an IP air-fryer with a lot of positive reviews.

I do have regular pressure cookers which I use for large batch cooking and canning. It was really interesting to watch my use of the old pressure cookers expand as I read the recipes for the IP.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Well apparently our new suburban neighborhood doesn’t have as many Asian people as our old city neighborhood. The grocery store didn’t have egg roll wraps. (The city Safeway had multiple choices of them). But they did have spring roll wraps so I made those in the air fryer oven. Quite tasty! Crispy and yummy but not at all greasy of course.

Thread Information